Michelle Witte's Reviews > Burn Mark

Burn Mark by Laura Powell

When a book's description says:
"An action-packed drama full of East End gangs, witches, and a modern day Inquisition.
In a modern world-where witches are hunted down and burned at the stake-two live interact. Glory is from a family of witches, and is desperate to develop the 'Fae' and become a witch herself. Lucas is the son of the Chief Prosecutor for the Inquisition and his privileged life is very different from the witches he is being trained to prosecute. And then one day, both Glory and Lucas develop the Fae. In one fell stroke, their lives are inextricably bound together, whether they like it or not."

I say, "Sign me up!"

Seriously, witches and a modern day Inquisition. So awesome. I'm loving the trend of alternate realities in contemporary culture. (See also Every Other Day.)

*The book description on NetGalley is better than the one here.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Burn Mark.

02/05/2012 page 303
72.84% "Great world building. Still loving this at 3/4 way through. As a bonus: no insta-love. The female lead is pretty much British white trash mafia, so the dynamics are fairly interesting."

Annette I just finished this book n I don't know if it's the copy u have or an error but in my book it's Lucas and Glory or Gloriania... NOT CLEO... Just an FYI about ur review.

Michelle Witte Annette wrote: "I just finished this book n I don't know if it's the copy u have or an error but in my book it's Lucas and Glory or Gloriania... NOT CLEO... Just an FYI about ur review."

Thanks. I had an advance copy, so it's very possible they changed the name in the final book.