Maria's Reviews > Talisman of El

Talisman of El by Alecia Stone

Feb 05, 12

Read in February, 2011

It’s hard enough being a 14-year-old boy nowadays! For Charlie, that is an understatement. The problems he has faced so far in his life: the death of his mother, witnessing the death of his father, being placed into a orphanage, and almost being adopted by an insane serial robber won’t compare to what he finds out in Alecia Stone’s first novel, Talisman of El.

When we think of Heaven we usually imagine a world floating above us, full of clouds, the color white, and bright lights. What if that wasn’t the case at all? What if Heaven existed, but it was located deep within the Earth’s core? In Stone’s novel, we learn that Heaven and Angels exist, but not in the ways we normally think. The Angels are warriors who embody powers of the 4 elements: water, earth, fire, and wind. They do not live in the clouds above us, but instead reside deep within the Earth’s core in a place known only as Arcadia.

Alecia Stone takes her readers on a wondrous trip into the world of Arcadia. There we find that demons are once more attempting to wreak havoc on the human world as we know it. Charlie finds himself in a very unusual situation; somehow it is up to him to stop this plan from coming to fruition. How will Charlie, a 14-yr-old boy stop demons from taking over the world? The first step is realizing that he may not be human at all.

Talisman of El is well written and keeps the reader engaged throughout. As the first chapter in an upcoming trilogy, the book does the job of keeping you waiting for the next installment.

I give this book 4 out of 5 stars.

Jason @ GoodChoiceReading.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Talisman of El.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Alecia Thanks for the brilliant review :)

Maria You are most welcome! It was my husband's review (I'm in the process of convincing him to get his own GoodReads acct, lol). But he definitely loved your book :)

Alecia Maria wrote: "You are most welcome! It was my husband's review (I'm in the process of convincing him to get his own GoodReads acct, lol). But he definitely loved your book :)"

He should get on Goodreads. It's brillaint here. Glad he enjoyed the book :)

message 4: by Alondra (new) - added it

Alondra was that an ARC copy he received??