Mickey Reed's Reviews > Touched

Sep 24, 12

bookshelves: 2012, ala12, arc
Read from July 30 to 31, 2012

See full review here!

I really liked this one. It kept me guessing until the very end. And there were times where I was really shocked and needed to keep reading. But I still thought the end was slightly weak. The last few paragraphs started to wrap it up way too quickly. I don't ever want anything to drag out unnecessarily, but with the way this ends, it needed a little bit more to explain everything.

I liked that this was male POV. I always find that a refreshing change of pace. Books like Anna Dressed in Blood and Freefall with male POV change it up for me. I read a lot of books with a female perspective. So I liked that about this book. I also liked the premise behind it. It's a bit confusing at the beginning, but after a while I got really into it. It seemed like it was going to be such a cluster for Nick's life, and I always wanted a happy ending for him. I liked him and Taryn. I wasn't sure I would, but I definitely felt for the characters.

Parts of this felt a bit overdone, but again, I liked it. I guess there was drama with this author, but I enjoyed the book anyway. It's different and enjoyable with a few WTF moments in there. I like that. :o)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Touched.

07/30/2012 page 79
25.0% "This is quick but confusing. I think I get it now though."
07/30/2012 page 129
40.0% "I like this so far..!"
07/31/2012 page 249
78.0% "Hmmm.. I have an idea about this one but I'm not sure.."