Morgan: Read, Eat, Dream's Reviews > Rough, Raw, and Ready

Feb 06, 12

bookshelves: 3-stars, 4-stars
Read in February, 2012

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS AT READING, EATING & DREAMING

I was extremely nervous after reading the synopsis for Rough, Raw, and Ready by Lorelei James! I wasn’t sure I would be able to accept Chassie, Trevor, and Edgard’s relationship. I kept trying to imagine what happily ever after would be like for these three (I came up with some interesting scenarios), and I worried that I would have trouble rooting for the characters and their unconventional relationship.

In the end, I really enjoyed this story and I fell hard for the characters. Chassie, Trevor, and Edgar’s relationship is eccentric, but their love and passion for one is real and blatantly obvious. Chassie’s ability to love easily and unconditionally was admirable, and her sassy spunk was adorable. She’s an easy character to love. I was the most conflicted over Trevor’s character. There were times when I thought he was selfish, but there were also times when I thought he was completely selfless. It was obvious that he deeply cared about his wife and her happiness. He was willing to put her needs before his, and that is what won me over. I thought I’d hate Ed. I wanted to hate Ed. But, I couldn’t bring myself to hate Ed. His feelings were raw and unwavering. I ended up really liking Ed because of his passion, his sensitivity, and his loyalty and support.

BEWARE: this novel was extremely erotic. Prepare yourself for a lot of crazy sex: M-M action, threesomes, and the whole shebang. This novel wasn’t my usual cup of tea, but I’m not complaining.

I gave Rough, Raw, and Ready by Lorelei James 3 STARS (3.5 STARS). This novel was passionate, erotic, sensual, and extremely original. It was another great addition to the Rough Riders series. I strongly recommend this erotic series.

-XOXO
READING, EATING & DREAMING
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rough, Raw, and Ready.