Eileen's Reviews > Remembrance

Remembrance by Michelle Madow

7208929
Feb 05, 12

bookshelves: romance, i-own, historical-fiction, young-adult
Read in February, 2012

First of all, I am basically in love with this cover! I think that it portrays the entire book so beautifully. It basically is the costume from the Halloween Masquerade at Lizzie's school, and that's the first time she has a flashback from the Regency Era with Drew. (We were both young, when I first saw you. I close my eyes and the flashback starts. I'm standing there, on a balcony in summer air. From Taylor Swift's Love Story) Hey! I just had a really good idea for my blog! I think whenever I put something in my reviews that I think relates to a song, I'll put that song in parenthesis, italics, and red font. I think it'll be a great way to include song posts and book posts in my reviews from now on. (For the labels, it will still be categorized under "Book Posts," but I'm going to add a label that says "Relatable Lyric" for this.) Another great thing I can thank this awesome book for! (BY THE WAY, THIS WILL OBVIOUSLY NOT APPLY FOR GOODREADS, SO I'M JUST GOING TO BOLD IT INTHIS CASE)

I love Taylor Swift, as you can obviously tell from all the ranting I've done on this blog. I look up to her and aspire to be like her when—if—I make it to be a singer, which I'm still trying really hard to do. So I was ecstatic to get this from Michelle, who so kindly donated it to me for review. I went into this book with the bar set extremely high, and my expectations were met full-on. The plot of this book was very well weaved, and I was guessing the entire time of what would happen with Lizzie and Drew.

The characters were really well-developed in this book. Everything really played together well, and the characters were something important to ensuring the success of the book, so I really congratulate Ms. Madow for doing that. Once again, I'm so happy that this is the first book ever that I've been given for review by an author/publisher, and it's about Taylor Swift, which makes it even more of a milestone for me. And the book turned out to be great, too!

I think that the romance was great. Lizzie knew that Drew knew something about them and when they were being reincarnated, and Drew refused to tell her anything. Lizzie was really great in this and she got the answers in the end. And Drew and Lizzie grew even more close together. I usually duck and run—quite literally—when I see anything with a trace of history in it. I rarely make exceptions, especially when there isn't a paranormal or action touch somewhere in there, but I'm so glad I did for this one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Remembrance.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Nikki O_O Sometimes we have really similar book tastes, and other times we have severely different ones O_o