Ashley's Reviews > Android Karenina

Feb 05, 2012

did not like it
bookshelves: to-finish
Read from August 03 to 13, 2012

I'm not typically a person that "hates" a book. But this one comes close.

I feel like whenever the story is picking up speed, the next chapters to follow are completely and utterly boring.
I did like the sci-fi highlights but they weren't enough to keep me interested.
I dislike how the book is broken into chapters and sub sections, as well as how the robots are addressed in the book II/Governess/47-T (I get that they are trying to explain the type of robot, but it completely irritates me when every 3 sentences I see it noted again). Maybe I was just so bored that when I seen this noted again it seemed to infuriate me.
I also felt like I could tell when there was a change in writers - some sections seemed awkwardly written, while others I could sit back and enjoy.

I also did read the description of why the characters each have 3 names and in some cases also a nickname. But throughout the book they seemed to be changing between the 3-4 names per character and I found myself flipping to the front page to find out who the heck they were talking about.

I got to page 350 and at that point I was so angry and frustrated, I gave up on finishing the novel.

This book isn't my cup of tea, and I hope that the other monster mash up books entrap me better. As it stands right now this book has left an awful taste in my mouth and I won't be reading the others any time soon.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Android Karenina.