Mickey Reed's Reviews > Lone Wolf

May 05, 2012

bookshelves: 2012, audio
Recommended for: Jodi Picoult fans
Read from May 01 to 02, 2012 , read count: 1

I was really worried at first because I didn't want to hear about wolves. But by the end I found myself caring more and more about Luke's wolf family than his real life family. I even cried at one point. I don't want to say which part, but I think if you get into this book like I did, you'll know which part it is.

Cara and her father get in a car accident. His ex-wife calls his son, Edward, who has been living in Thailand for 6 years, to come make life decisions for his father since Cara is a minor. This novel deals with family, hard decisions, and the inability to come to terms with the past. Picoult has a way with words, making taboo topics come to life in a thrilling way. She always sucks me in and makes me cry. Love her novels!

This one, though, had some humor in it! Some of her characters were a little eccentric (see Helen Bed and Z), and some scenes actually made me laugh. There was the obligatory described sex scene, of course. I don't have many complaints, but this was fairly predictable. I was always hoping for something big, but what I figured would happen happened. Either way, I enjoyed this one. Twists and turns, late revelations, good stuff.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lone Wolf.

05/01/2012
50.0% "Good so far! I was worried for a minute, but it's pretty good :o)"
05/02/2012
99.0% "Man.. she's done it again!"