Erica's Reviews > Rivals and Retribution

Rivals and Retribution by Shannon Delany

Aug 09, 12

Read from August 08 to 09, 2012

Rivals and Retributions by Shannon Delany was an interesting addition to the 13 to Life series. I found it to be a bit lackluster after the trilling ending to Destiny and Deception. So while it was a decent read, I don't think it was my favorite book in the series.

I really enjoy the characters of this series. Max is so funny and just adorable, Cat is just intriguing and lovely, Amy is the best friend I wish I had, and so many more. They all are so real and I just love following their stories.

I found Rivals and Retributions to be much slower than the other books in the series. It also was a bit choppier with all the POVs that switched quite often. I found the plot to be very intense though - Shannon Delany throws some of the biggest action in the book in the first pages of the book, which is quite a feat.

I really enjoy this series - it has had its highs and lows for me, and Rivals and Retributions was just that. It wasn't my favorite book of the series but I still found it enjoyable.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rivals and Retribution.