Meghan Tracy's Reviews > Dragonswood

Dragonswood by Janet Lee Carey

4401950
Feb 05, 12

Read on February 05, 2012

Wow. Just wow. I had no idea going into this book that it was going to suck me in so thoroughly. I even went out of my way to read the back of the book and the inside flap and I was still completely unprepared for what I encountered. One of the blurbs from the back of the book calls this “fantasy at its best” and I’m here to tell you, they’re totally right. There are magic and fey, will-o’-the-wisps and huntsman, witches and witch hunters, crusades, dragons, and my personal favorite…the Pendragons. They’re not your usual Pendragons by any means, but you will see the names of Arthur, Merlin, and Uther fly under your eye. I say fly because I couldn’t turn the pages fast enough. I read this book in a single day. At page 300, I forced myself to go work out and then to come home and write at least 400 words, (pathetic, admittedly) but it was complete torture because all I wanted to do was sit back down and re-open this book. I needed to know. I thought I had an inkling of where the story was going to end and though I wasn’t wholly wrong, I totally didn’t see a good chunk of that coming.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dragonswood.