Kristen My Bookish Fairy Tale's Reviews > Variant

Variant by Robison Wells

Feb 12, 12

Read on February 10, 2012

I was so blow away by Variant. This was such an amazing book that I cannot praise it enough. This story is so unique and creative. Variant to me is like a modern day Lord of The Flies.

I loved Benson. I thought that he was the most level headed character throughout the entire novel. When he finds out that Maxfield Academy is nothing like he thought it would be, his only thoughts are about escaping. But then he finds out that that just might not be an option.

But Benson starts getting comfortable at Maxfield until everything turns deadly.

There are no teachers at Maxfield Academy. The entire place is run by the students and they could not be more thrilled. The entire school is brainwashed into believing that this is the best way for them to live. But it turns out that the school is hiding so much more.

Variant is so fact paced and is one of the most riviting YA thrillers that I have read in a very long time. I could not put the book down. From the first page to the last, Robison keeps you sucked into his world of Maxfield Academy.

This book also had one of the greatest cliffhangers that I have come across in a while. That only adds to suspense for book 2 even more than there already was.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Variant.