Kris's Reviews > The Pope Who Quit: A True Medieval Tale of Mystery, Death, and Salvation

The Pope Who Quit by Jon M. Sweeney

Feb 13, 12

bookshelves: first-reads, own
Read from February 11 to 13, 2012

I thought that this book sounded very interesting. It is about Peter Morrone, the pope who quit. A hermit, a reformer, an instigator, a prophet, a cowerd, a saint, and possible murder victim... it all depends on who you talk to. That really made me interested in the book, which I received for free through Goodreads and was able to read before it hit stores 2/14/12.

After I got the book in the mail I realized that I might not be the ideal reviewer they are looking for thought because the book is by Image Catholic Books and I am an atheist, but here are my thoughts.

Growing up in an Anabaptist background I had taken church history in Mennonite school, so I know a bit about this time period in church history.

I would recommend this book to Catholics because if you are going to be catholic I think you should know your church history. I would also recommend this book to all Christians because like the Catholics, if you are going to be a christian you should know church history.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Pope Who Quit.