Angela Joyce's Reviews > Learning to Breathe: My Yearlong Quest to Bring Calm to My Life

Learning to Breathe by Priscilla Warner

2078800
Feb 18, 12

bookshelves: general-non-fiction

What a delightful book. I like how Ms. Warner avoids the "poor me" mentality, making it clear that everyone suffers in this life in different ways. Her sense of humor is excellent-- the "channelling Joe Cocker" thing gave me a good laugh. I liked learning about just how much help is out there for those who need it, and I like the humility and love she put into writing this book.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Learning to Breathe.

message 1: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla Thank you so much for this lovely review. I'm glad I gave you a good laugh. I think there's no better medicine than laughter. No matter how much we all suffer, when we turn the corners of our mouths up just a bit, as Thich Nhat Hanh teaches, we begin to feel lighter. I wish you peace and much love. Thanks again.

Angela Joyce You are most welcome, Priscilla.

I am going to try that turning up the corners of the mouth thing... OK... yes, you're right! Thank you for the good wishes. Peace and much love to you, too.