Kathy's Reviews > Persuaded

Persuaded by Jenni James

Jul 23, 12

bookshelves: teen-lit, lost-love, read-2012, favorites, austen-pursuasion, favorite-ya
Read on July 23, 2012

I really enjoyed this one. I’ve always loved Jane Austen’s Persuasionand was really looking forward to reading this retelling. I thought the author did a great job mixing the charm from the original Persuasion into this modern retelling. When Amanda was fifteen she allowed her friend to talk her into breaking up with her boyfriend Greg. Three years later and she still regrets her decision, especially when she learns he has moved back into town. He has changed a lot in the past three years and now even her friends, who don’t remember him from before, want to date him. He wants nothing to do with Amanda, but can’t seem to keep himself away. Persuaded stuck pretty closely to the original, which I liked, but was still its own story. I thought Amanda and Greg had good chemistry and had some nice moments together. I thought Amanda was a likable character, I felt bad that she had to sit back and watch Greg date her friends. Stupid boys. I also felt bad for Amanda because her friends and family never treated her very well. Even her best friend Kylie treated her badly. I also thought Greg’s parents, while nice, were kind of weird.

Anyway, I really liked the story and thought it was a lot of fun to read. I really love this series and look forward to reading Emmalee (another favorite of mine)this fall. If you love Austen then you should check out this fun series!

Content: Clean.

The Jane Austen Diaries
Pride & Popularity
Northanger Alibi
Persuaded
Emmalee (Fall 2012)
Mansfield Ranch
Sensible & Sensational

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Persuaded.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Katie Watkins I didn't realize this one was released! I want this series in paperback, so I just ordered my copy. I can't wait to read it--especially after your review.

Kathy I really like this series too. I have it on my Kindle, but I want to get them in paperback too. :D

Deborah KATH!! Can you loan this one?? I LOVE LOVE LOVE this author!!

Kathy I just sent it, this one was really good. I think you'll like it.

BTW, THANK YOU so much for the book. That was such a fun surprise, I'll read it next. It came at a great time too, I was having a rough day and it totally cheered me up! Thanks again!!!!!

Deborah Yay!! I really hope you like it. I hope you know how much your loved!!! today is a new day!! Thanks fir the loan. hugs!!!