Heather's Reviews > Hourglass

Hourglass by Myra McEntire

Sep 30, 12

did not like it
Read in May, 2012

can i just start out by saying what's up with this cover?
&don’t be fooled by the conservative black dress she's wearing or the loser-y cover. they should have her wearing 5 inch heels, some skimpy dress and a ton of makeup. oh&don’t 4get the shimmery lotion, so as not 2 deceive us poor unsuspecting readers.
The “power” in here was completely stupid. You cant even call it a power because she didn’t do anything with it. In fact, no one did anything with it until after halfway through this book.
I didn’t like anything in this book, not the storyline, the characters, the power. The only positive thing was that there were some somewhat funny quotes in here and the author made references I understood.
I thought it was stupid that they called those people “ripples or rips for short”.
It’s like this author just watched harry potter and the prisoner of azcaban and said, u know what I wanna do a time travel book, and then just ran with it without giving it much thought. This has to be one of the most underdeveloped books ive ever read. The characters were crappy. The storyline was crappy.
the unrealistic-ness of it all got on my nerves.how many people know someone who's great with fashion and makeup and who dresses you and gets you ready like a child? &wut 17 yr old lets someone pick out their clothes? i started to think Em couldn't dress herself.
Em was a total slut. She would do slutty things, say flirty things, dress all skimpy and then when someone would look at her, or react, she would backtrack and act like she didn’t know what she was doing. She alternated between being a blushing girl with no experience to a total slut. Which doesn’t go together.
Em alternates between being creeped out by the way Michael's looking at her, making him sound like a lecher, to wanting to jump him.she say she's nvr dated and then she comes up with a thought like this-"tried really hard not to think about biting one of his lips." that sounds like something a girl would say who's been around the block a few times.&then back around.
the book is already repetitive and i'm not very far in. em is always sidetracked by michael's smiles. always concentrating on his lips.we get it, the boy has nice lips, now lets move on! &then michael stares at her lips. i'm already sick of hearing about the whole "finger touching electricity" thing.
ive heard many authors decribe things like this-"my skin felt too small, stretched too tight, as if searching out more exposure to his." what does that even mean? skin felt too small.i have to say, i've never had that feeling at all.i dont even think the author knows what they're talking about.
some author somewhere came up with the whole "since i can see ghosts i shouldn't go to historical places, sites, or reinactments". &this author joined the bandwagon.
its like The Reckoning when em has a conversation with a ghost in front of other people, because she doesn't realize that they're dead.except it was exceptionally stupid in here. like she wanted to poke it with a fork.
why would you wanna talk to your sister in law about her and your brother doing it while you were in the house?! &why would anyone write about it.&then they didn't even wait for her to get out of the house.& i thought for a second that Dru(btw wth is up with that name?) was gunna give Em the "baby talk". then Dru got a little psycho what with the "you'd made an excellent mother. don't live in a hole instead of living your life!" she was practically threatening Em to have kids, and it made me wanna take a step back. she's SEVENTEEN.idt you wanna give her that speech. of course, em doesn't find anything wrong with it and ends up thanking her.
Dru just found out she's pregnant and is already hormonal.you'd think she was 8 months along.
Em makes her power sound like a disease.like why wouldn't you be able to have a family and kids? it just didn't fit or add up..like everything else in here.
everyone kept telling Em not to sell herself short. makes me think they've been reading some self-help books or something.
em kept crying for stupid reasons, like when she told Dru she's gunna be a great mother. what 17 year old gets like that? it was a little too emotional for my tastes.
i didn't realize Dumpster need to be capitalized.
they let their restaraunt be called Phone Company, which really stumped me when she said she was gunna make a dinner reservation there.
i hate how you know that everytime the girl goes out, whether for a jog or to the Dumpster that she's gunna run into the guy.
predictability=annoying.
first we got the Phone Company as a restaraunt and then Murphy's Law for a coffee shop. wth?
em said she was full of sass and sarcasm..when she wasn't.
why would it be up to thomas if em could date. she's 17, not 14.
& michael went from old to young in .2 seconds.the whole mixing business with pleasure made him sound like a 30 yr old corporate whatever instead of a 19yr old boy.
i dont like when the girls are still in high school and the guys are out of school. i like when they're the same age.
there was italicized words in here and i didn't know why they were in italics.
this has to be one of, if not The, worst thought out power/gift ive ever read about.if you can even call it that. most people do something/help someone out with their power or try to learn more about it, but em is content to whine about it and avoid places.like parties. because apparently ghosts, or Rips i should say,love parties.who knew?
f.y.i ghosts could be ANYWHERE.not just at old buildings or historical places. nice theory, but its wrong.

-basically, the author ripped off a lot of other authors.&she threw out a lot of things without ever having Em say them before.

the way the power is described, or not described in this case, is terrible. michael's saying something about the past, present and future being parallel,which i let go, cause idk what it means.
i like that the author made references to things i kno, like cherokee indian festival, harry potter, grease and don quixote.
time travel is impossible to understand, especially the screwed up way this author attempted to decribe it.like Em came to him in the future and told him all this stuff that she doesn't remember. it was stupid!&then he compares it to addiction.like if your father was addicted to alcohol, you'd be addicted to drugs and the next would be addicted to gambling.i dint realize addiction worked that way.
Em was way too accepting about the whole time travel thing. just because you see rips from the past means you can time travel to the past? wouldn't she know if she'd time traveled before.
after everything that's going on, the only thing she's truly concerned about is being in some way connected to michael.she say she'd trade every breath for more of him.which is way to soon to be having thoughts like that!
why would you want your brother seeing you and a guy getting close.those dang security cameras!
Em has no problem cussing and yet when saying the saying "dont give a rats ass" she says "i dont give a rats behind".&then a couple pages later, she says "ass". is it just cussing whenever you feel like it, or was it something about "rats ass" that you didn't wanna say?
she asks her sister-in-law whether michael came to them or they found him and she gets all myterious &stupid Em doesn't even pursue the matter.actually, that was never cleared up in the book.
&theres a few awkward and weird things between Em and Lily and both times, instead of asking wth is up with u, em just lets it go.
michael kept saying "idk how i would handle another incident like the one we had last night on the patio" or "we cant let that happen again." nothin happened.they almost kissed.big deal.
i know the author was going for forbidden love, but its incredibly weak in here.as in not forbidden at all.her older brother saying u cant date isn't forbidden love.
Em has no problem tooting her own horn. she says she's really good in karate and was top 5..or act. top 3 in her class.humble much?
i think Em kept calling herself crazy just so michael would contradict her or disagree and then she'd get all happy about it.
em "boldly touches michael's face to see if there's still a connection on the street." if there's a connection between u guys, its gunna be there all the time.you idiot.
instead of saying wth did michael mean when he said "she was coming along nicely..&everything was going according to plan" she's like im hurt by his words.i'd have been wth does that mean?!
&then she's like "what could happen? i could go to jail.couldn't be worse than a mental hospital." as if going to jail isnt a big deal at all.
she's one of those girls,who, after hearing that some sort of shady plan/scheme goin on involving her, she doesn't say anything.she had no thoughts thru that period when michael and that guy were talking.but when he says im not into her shes like my stomac dropped a little. &then after all that she's like i think they were talking about me,but i cant be sure. u idiot.
michael made it sound like he went to a normal college and then we get to his own personal bachelor pad with all his friends.
even after all the lies and crap with michael,she wants to reach over and give him a neck massage. can she even pretend to care what's going in?
the author doesn't explain things and then just up and says things like "he'd use us to travel to the future to change the present." like we dont even know all of the rules and possibilities regarding this "power" and then we keep getting things thrown at us.
wth is a paradox?
how would changing the past not alter time?
if you save liam from the fire &u arent replacing his body with someone1 else, how will there still be bones from the fire?
there was somethin about hidin liam for 6months, until they save him in the past.i just had to let that one go, because if i sat there and attempted to figure it out id have a headache.
one minute she's thinkin and the next she's falling asleep.who does that?
&then she crawls in his lap like a baby after her "nightmare." a spinning door turning into a carriage is terribly scary.
&then hes like i think you've had this nightmare b4.when there's been not one mention of a dream before. there again the author is throwing more crap out at us from nowhere.
Em took "rips" from michael &started using it like shes the 1 who came up with it.
there's a lot of sentences like this-"Best the authorities could figure as that.." or "been doing it for years." they arent complete sentences&no1 talks that way.
she stops at the sight of Dr. Rooks cutting fruit as if she was creating a masterpiece.
Dr. Rook said "i thought wut i sensed between u was rather strong." wut exactly is between them that any1 wud pick up on? just because u wanna touch eachother and have "electricity" wen u touch isnt a true connection.
i didn't realize until the page after that dr. rooks' name was Cat.earlier when she said cat, she dint say call me cat, or my names cat.it was just "cat." i thought maybe she just spouted random words at times.
as if this book didn't have enough bad qualities but she had to introduce Ava.gorgeous, perfect ava. we already had gorgeous, perfect Cat.you know,every1 cant be gorgeous and perfect.
when michael says hes got explaining to do i expected to hear about Ava-the ultimate issue on hand. but he goes on about liam starting a school for kids with those powers(which fairly screamed X men,btw). skip that bullcrap! talk about ava!&em starts asking questions and acting like nothings wrong. i guess she got a little sidetracked by one of his smiles and forgot to be mad.
she FINALLY mentioned ava, and then turned around &said i had no reason to be mad. if anyone did, it was ava. for a second i was like yes!they're finally having it out and the moment i read that last sentence, i knew it was all going south. dumb Em was at it again.&stupid Cat comes popping up around the corner,totally interupting them for some "extremely important" talk that couldnt wait another minute.i HATE when ppl interrupt like that.&then instead of michael apologizing to Em for being an a**hole,hes like u got that binder i lent you? &shes all yeah,ill bring it to you.i half expected her to curtsy.or offer a neck massage.i wud have chucked the binder at his head.her showdown was 'i stopped.but i didn't turn around.'
no1,bestfriend or no,is gunna say "its alright.i just wanna know if his personality is as hot as the package" after u skip out on ur 1st day of work.but every1 is here is freakin boy crazy.its unrealistic but that seems to be the theme in here.
i get michaels gorgeous, but the whole lily mooning over him while you're standing there is inappropriate.contain it.thats all i have to say.
"Maybe its just the thought of what liams life meant when he was alive.he was exactly like me, and he made a difference." -how are you like him? in any way?
Dru and thomas were WAY to accepting of the whole time travel thing.
everyone kept commenting on em and michaels "connection." what connection exactly?
em admits liking the attention jake gave her.when,the whopping 2 times he talked to you? and didnt u say he was a GROWN MAN? &then shes like how could i tell michael about jake? well opening ur mouth &telling him might be a good way2 start. you bared ur soul2 him about ur parents, and yet u cant tell him theres sum1 coming2 u.its not like he isnt gunna believe u.remember how u trick him into saying u arent crazy all the time? i mean after everything u've heard ur afraid to tell him about a guy?
i hated the way em dressed.she said it herself-hooker.
SPOILER-
its pretty coincidental how lily had powers too. i mean, i knew sumthing was up there, but its just stupid.
SPOILER ENDS.
&the way em finally brought it up was ridiculous.&then lily lets em leave looking like a major slut.like stop complimenting her. whats up with these "friends" who cant talk good sense into their friends?!
every1 kept sayin em was beautiful,like the whole "smoking hot for an angel" crap. it makes me sick, because the author is just inflating her ego.u know shes probably writing about herself.
michael made it sound like the end of the world was happening, like they were going on a top secret mission, all "dont let em call me or follow me".&it turns out they were going after a drunk friend.
would't you know em starts mooning over kaleb.
em ges from being all scared of kaleb to gettin all up in his face, trying 2 be all tough.&the comments he said just makes me sick cause its all supposed to show how "tough" and "amazing" em is.i swear, her ego couldn't get more inflated if someone had an air compressor.
after michael heads up to ol avas room,shes worried about michael seeing her holding kalebs hand. like big deal.
i swear i cudnt tell if Cat liked michael or kaleb beyond "house mother" because of poor writing. i mean,if the reader thinks somethings going on, you're writing it wrong!
&of course michael comes when kaleb is all over Em.and she wondered "how this might look." it looks like you're a slut.as usual.thats how it looks.
why is Em always wearing heels?!
&we get u like seeing michael jealous over stuff like that,but all u look like is a slut wen ur already holding hands and almost kissing a guy u just met.just a lil heads up there.
after bein totally smitten with michael,and then jack,talks about kaleb as if shes seriously considering getting with him.wut part dint clue her in to the fact that hes a player?the girl he was at the bar with?or the one who called his phone who he called baby?or the part where he tries to pick u up after knowing you for a day? even when he knew there as sumthin goin on with her and michael.he seems to go for the sluts,which is prob.why hes after Em.who wud be flattered with this guy?
then jack pops up.so now shes juggling 3 guys.which has to be a record.the author tries to make it like "who cud be popping into my room" as if we dont know its jack.&wudnt u know,shes wearing panties and a guys dress shirt, like shes about2 have a lingerie photo shoot. becuz we all dress like that at nite.
&then she says yes wen jack asks if michael &kaleb r fightin over her.wen they rlly werent.but we all know u'd like it.&then shes like i just wanna get em in the same room..&slam their heads 2gether. like we dont know wut u rlly wanna do to em.
every1 she came into contact with inflated her ego.&she wasnt humble about it."u must be used2 boys fighting over u." and shes like "that wud be a big no" which translated to no and idk why cuz im so gorgeous.or sumthin equally arrogant and terrible.
u dont call sum1 like Em "innocent." i about laughed wen i read that.
Em has a lot of come-on tactics and yet wen sum1 reacts that way,she backtracks.she says flirty things and then wen they react she ‘hastily changes the subject’ as if she dint realize she was being flirty.
Wen he leans over her on the counter shes all ‘shazam’ which I cudnt rlly figure out.was that like shazam im good.or shazam I dint expect that.
This wasn’t even a remotely sweet love square. I felt like it shud include ava and cat..who else am I 4gettin that’s attracted2 eachother?so really,its become like a love hexagon. Or w/e a 7sided shape is. Who can remember?
&if u know u&Michael r two halves of a whole why ud u wanna be w/another guy?
&then she recognizes the girl at the fire and DUZNT SAY WHO IT IS! She decided2 drag that out like everything else in here.
They haven’t known eachother long enuf2 love eachother. Period.or even halfway love. Or truly like. Or even care for.
Not only does she not tell us who the girl was at the fire, but she dint tell ne1 else either. U c a murderer and u keep quiet about it.
&then wen she finally tells who the girl is, its like really blasé.
Im sure she felt real good when she found out she was flirting with a murderer. Score for em!
She acts like she had this great love for Michael wen she didn’t. as if u’ll carry a torch 4 him. I mean, b4 or after, u chase after every guy under the age of 60.
I picked up on a Jacob-vibe with kaleb.
I realized she had SO copied harry potter. Like u cant be seen when u go back n time. I expected a comment like “does my hair rlly look like that from the back.”
How cud u have an orginizaiton that no1 knows about?
Every compliment towards em rlly ticked me off. &her fake humbleness drove me up the wall.
The author throws out stuff that the character nvr mentioned. Like she thought of jack as a guardian angel. When she nvr sed that b4. Basically em kept ating like there was more to every relationship than there actually was.
They finally go back in time, and instead of hurrying every1 decides it’s a good time to chat it up.
SPOILER-
She only tells Michael about landers being liams killer. Not that ava was an accomplice. That wasn’t rlly the time 2talk about ur stupid visions.&then they’re chatting it up and kissing when they should be paying attention.
We dint need cat &jack making out 2 get the point across that she was on his side. U know, every1 in here was slutty. Even kaleb. Ur sittin there holding ppl at gunpoint &u thought that was a good time for a makeout with a murderer? They were practically doing it in front of them. &then she had jack look at Em instead of at the women clinging to him like em was that pretty. Every1 just wanted Em.
SPOILER ENDS.
How does liam stealing time or memories make the future change?
Its like a love triangle, square, whatever, gone wrong.
She crammed an entire series into one book. She borrowed things from other authors and movies and did a terrible job of it. Idc to read the next book in this series. This is one of, if not the, worst character I’ve ever read about. The same goes for the storyline in this book.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hourglass.

Quotes Heather Liked

Myra McEntire
“Most of what I say is complete truth. My edit button is broken.”

Myra McEntire
“Offering to help me implies I'm in distress. I'm not currently.”

Myra McEntire
“He took my face into his hands, using them to control the intensity and depth of our kiss, which quickly moved from sweet to reckless. It was the most lovely of assaults.”

Myra McEntire
“Aren't you just a knight in shining armor? ... Wherever do you keep your horse? And who scoops up the crap it leaves behind?”

Myra McEntire
“I smiled back as he walked away, but all the lovely butterflies in my stomach landed one by one in a cold, dead heap.”

Myra McEntire
“Hey, bro, do you think you can put Shorty back on her chain?"

I stepped forward with my hands on my hips, only slightly intimidated to find Kaleb almost eye level with me when he was seated and I was standing.

"First of all, no one is the boss of me but me. Secondly, if you ever reference my 'chain' again, I will kick your ass." I jabbed him hard in the chest with my finger. Possibly breaking it. "And thirdly, don't call me Shorty."

Kaleb sat silently for a second, his eyes wide as he looked at Michael. "Where did you get her? Can you get me one?"

I blew out a loud, frustrated sigh and dropped down beside Michael, who didn't even try to hide his smile. "You should probably apologize to Emerson."

"I am sorry." Kaleb grinned at me. "Sorry I didn't meet you first.”

Myra McEntire
“You know, Scarlett, Rhett didn't give a damn, and frankly, I don't either.”

Myra McEntire
“I walked in without knocking. The screen door banged to a close behind me announcing my presence. I followed my nose to the kitchen and found Kaleb standing by the stove. He stirred something that smelled absolutely delicious a wooden spoon in one hand and a huge chef’s knife in the other.

“Are you sober?” I asked from the doorway.

He turned and leveled a smile at me that made me a little wobbly. “I am."

“Good. Because if not I was going to take the deadly kitchen utensil away from you.” I crossed the room and pulled myself up to sit on the counter beside the stove. A cutting board full of green peppers and two uncut stalks of celery waited for attention from the knife. Melted butter and diced onions bubbled in a sauté pan on the stove. “You cook."

Kaleb was so pretty I was jealous. Pretty with ripped muscles and a tattoo of a red dragon covering most of his upper body. “Yes,” he said. “I cook.”

“Do you usually wear a wife beater and,” I pushed him back a little by his shoulder “an apron that says ‘Kiss the Cook’ while you’re doing it? ”

He leaned so close to me my heart skipped a couple of beats. “I’ll wear it all the time if you’ll consider it.”

Myra McEntire
“He bent down burying his face in my neck. I reached back to grab onto the iron bars behind me to hold myself up. My jacket slipped off my shoulders. I was pretty sure I was on fire and at that moment I would have sworn that bursting into flame was a glorious way to go.”

Myra McEntire
“Your size makes you seem delicate, like a spiderweb. But the wise fly knows that delicate can also be strong.”

Myra McEntire
“It's amazing what flipping a grown man over her shoulder does for a girl.”

Myra McEntire
“Crazy like he's a serial killer, or crazy like he attends Star Trek conventions in full costume?"

"That's only crazy if you dress like a Klingon," I pointed out.”

Myra McEntire
“Aren't I supposed to be brave, fearless? Isn't that what the world expects?"

"Screw what the world expects. Think about all the things you've faced. You cracked, but you didn't break. You're still standing. I'd call that fearless. You've already conquered so much.”

Myra McEntire
“No matter what your reality looks like, you're the girl I'm in love with today, and the same girl I'll be in love with tomorrow and all the days after that. Not just because of who you are, but because of who you were.

It's all part of your story, Em. And I want to be a part of your story, too.”

Myra McEntire
“I wanted to be alone with him. Really alone. "Maybe we should take this back to my place." He lifted his head to look at me, a strange expression on his face. I let out a nervous giggle. "That sounded better in my head."

"It sounded pretty damn good out of it.”

Myra McEntire
“If he wasn't already holding my heart in the palm of his hand, I would have taken it out and given it to him right then.”

Myra McEntire
“Funny, gorgeous, and a genius. What a package." He backed out of the parking space, smiling as he drove away.
I loved that he left crazy off the list.
I loved it even more that he would never think to add it.”

Myra McEntire
“Emerson, you just shared your deepest secret with me. I value that. Don't make light of it."

If he wasn't already holding my heart in the palm of his hand, I would have taken it out and given it to him.”

Myra McEntire
“I had a dilemma. I could find absolutely no good reason to slap the girl standing in the kitchen doorway. And I really wanted one.”

Myra McEntire
“For a chance with you, I can wait.”

Myra McEntire
“If you were my child, I would staple you to your bedroom wall.”

Myra McEntire
“Spies should be able to endure torture and still keep their secrets. I spilled mine out like pennies from a broken piggy bank.”

Myra McEntire
“I reached our building only to find a wide-eyed Southern belle wearing a Civil Way-era dress blocking the front door. A silk parasol and a full hoopskirt completed her ensemble. I wore something like it to a costume party once, but hers was an original. Frustration was back, and now it was in my way.
In the form of freaking Scarlatt O'Hara.
Sighing, I stuck my hand through her stomach to turn the knob, meeting no resistance. I rolled my eyes as she gasped, fluttered her eyelashes, and disappeared in a puff of air.
"You know, Scarlett, Rhett didn't give a dang, and frankly, I don't either.”

Myra McEntire
“My boarding school had been in Sedona, Arizona. Pioneers didn't roll up on the town until the turn of the century, so it wasn't real hard to tell the difference between an ancient Yavapai potter and, say, my gym teacher.”

Myra McEntire
“I avoided any theme parks or museums where the employees dressed true to period. Complete nightmare. I also spent a lot of time trying not to touch people.Unless they were wearing a hoop skirt. And they were standing in my way.”

Myra McEntire
“I mean, they were really high and pointy, and although I'm not clumsy, they were potentially lethal both to me and anyone in my general vicinity.”

Myra McEntire
“Are you really reading that, or are you just trying to show off?" I asked, lowering myself into the seat.
He looked over the paper, opened his mouth, and a torrent of foreign words flew out.
"Okay, sorry, just asking. Wait, how many of those were curse words?”

Myra McEntire
“Michael put the paper down and leaned across the table toward me, unexpectedly intense. "What do you want?"

"I already ordered an espresso," I answered, reflexively leaning back.

"No, I mean what do you want from life?"

"Good morning to you, too. Isn't it a little early for philosophy?”

Myra McEntire
“His expression practically hung out a shingle announcing the topic was off-limits.”

Myra McEntire
“How do you tell the difference between real people and time ripples?"

"You mean besides punching them in the stomach?" I blushed, not because I'd hit him, but because I was thinking about his abs.”

Myra McEntire
“Unless you're trying to make a pile of bread crumbs to find your way home, you should probably give that roll a break.”

Myra McEntire
“You think you can start tomorrow? I need a break."

"Only if you can free me from this beast of a chair," I said, wiggling as I tried to get some leverage. "What do you feed this thing? Customers?"

"Relax." Lily let her hair fall around her shoulders and grinned at me. "I kind of like having a captive audience.”

Myra McEntire
“And that the first time I saw you, now, in the present, you would...take my breath away."

"Well." Heat crept up my chest to my face.

He looked up at the night sky, peaking his next words so softly I almost couldn't hear them. "You were right.”

Myra McEntire
“I don't need any bonus material to throw me over the edge later."
Or don a flight of stairs, under a bus, and straight back to the mental ward.”

Myra McEntire
“We could have had a major disaster on our hands."

"Right now the earth could fall off its axis, and I wouldn't give a rats behind."

Michael's gaze skimmed over my bare shoulders, and he reached out to gently pull my jacket around them. "I've known since before we met how it would be between us. But knowing didn't prepare me for you.”

Myra McEntire
“I hoped he would believe nothing happened.
Not that it did. Of this I was painfully aware.”

Myra McEntire
“Maybe Michael left a candle burning. Maybe be forgot to turn off his iron, or the oven. Maybe he left his dishwasher running and it was flooding the place, or a thirsty plant desperately needed water.

Maybe I was way out of line.”

Myra McEntire
“I realized I'd never asked him about his major. Probably wasn't time travel.I didn't think our local college was quite that progressive.”

Myra McEntire
“After I pulled in, I decided in my typical fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants fashion that if anyone asked, I was going to be "lost." I hoped no one would have the opportunity to look in the car. Lost and a fancy GPS system didn't go together.”

Myra McEntire
“And I didn't mean to eavesdrop. I was in the right place-okay," I amended when he raised his eyebrows. "The wrong place at the right time." More head shaking.”

Myra McEntire
“Ah, my old friend, anxiety-throwing itself into the blender with sheer terror and embarrassment.”

Myra McEntire
“Didn't I just ask you to stop asking questions?"

"You asked me to stop for one second. You should have been more specific if you wanted longer." Having a big brother taught me quite a bit about arguing with the intent to wear down my opponent.”

Myra McEntire
“Isn't the information about your ability enough to digest right now?"

"The info is digested, Michael. As a matter of fact, it's so digested it's getting ready to come out as a big pile of sh-"

"Don't get snippy with me." His eyes flashed a warning.

"I'm not snippy. I'm mad," I returned through gritted teeth. "And your personal health is in danger if you don't fess up about what's going on.”

Myra McEntire
“Probably she didn't bother with her hair because nothing could compete with her face.”

Myra McEntire
“Her words sounded accusatory, and after the way she'd grabbed the binder, I couldn't help going on the defensive. "I'd apologize, but I'm not happy about it either.”

Myra McEntire
“It's not my goal to freak you out."

"Too bad," I answered. "Because that one was so solid it didn't even touch the net." Swish.”

Myra McEntire
“My ass was grass, and big brother was the lawn mower.”

“Nothing is going on."

"Hey, you're the one who tried to knock a security camera off the side of a building. That's a lot of pent-up frustration.”

Myra McEntire
“She might as well get to know the real you." Michael shrugged.

"I don't appreciate what that implies," Kaleb said through gritted teeth.”

Myra McEntire
“Hey,bro, do you think you can put Shorty back on her chain?"
"First of all, no one is the boss of me but me.Secondly, if you ever reference my 'chain' again, I will kick your ass." I jabbed him hard in the chest with my finger. Possibly breaking it. "And thirdly, don't call me Shorty."
Kaleb sat silently for a second, his eyes wide as he looked at Michael. "Where did you find her? Can you get me one?"
"I am sorry." Kaleb grinned at me. "Sorry I didn't meet you first.”
Myra McEntire, Hourglass

message 1: by tetel tan's (new)

tetel tan's nambatac do you love the story ?

message 2: by Shanah (new) - added it

Shanah Davis Feel better?