Dawn's Reviews > Kiss of Fire

Kiss of Fire by Deborah Cooke

Feb 04, 12

bookshelves: 2012-books, pnr, werewolves-shifter
Read in February, 2012

Quinn has been alone for years both in friendship and in love. Sara has also had a life of solitude because she wanted to make money, after the death of her parents and Aunt, Sara decides to settle down and manage her Aunts new age bookstore. One night Sara is attacked and Quinn arrives just in time to save her life. Very soon Quinn and Sara’s life begins to change, they have to learn to work together or else.

This book is just ok. There is not much in character development and the plot is really typical. Boy meets fated woman and then boy has to convince mated woman that he is not a stalker. Together they have to save the race of Pyr. I will give the author credit for very smooth writing because I could not have finished it otherwise. I did like the characters I though Sara was ok and so was Quinn. However I wish there would be more effort into descriptions for example are dragons big or small?? I like to think they are rather small since they are always fighting out in the open and dragons are a myth. The there is the character development, a few things here: first you have a group of dragons who live solitary but come together for like the dragon gang to defeat the slayer and it falls short, there is some conversation and then it is like yeah go team. I felt like I missed something crucial. Then couple is in this firestorm but really I did not see much passion. I also never got why Quinn is always chuckling, really what is so funny? Sara the accountant was quick to go from Dragons no way to let me tell you dragon stories…really?
I think there is a lot of potential in this series but this one fell short for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kiss of Fire.