Anna's Reviews > Paris, My Sweet: A Year in the City of Light

Paris, My Sweet by Amy Thomas

Feb 04, 2012

bookshelves: non-fiction, reviews
Read in February, 2012

Amy Thomas is a writer who lives in New York and owner of the blog Sweet Freak©. Paris, My Sweet is her story about how she got to live her dream. Not only living in Paris for a year, but also working for one of the top designers. And along the way checking out some of the best chocolatiers in the world.

I don't speak French nor have I ever been to Paris, but I have always want to visit. Like Ms. Thomas I'm a bit of a sweet fanatic. So, while this book isn't my normal genre - it was the perfect read for me.

I loved this book! Paris & desserts - what more can you ask for. I pretty much drooled my way through Paris, My Sweet. It was delectably delicious. Ms. Thomas's writing is fresh and fun. I adored the details. The author writes in a way that makes you feel like you are in Paris too. Experiencing everything as she does. This is a must read for foodies and travel fans.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Paris, My Sweet.

Comments (showing 1-3)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Blodeuedd Finland I went to town today and not a macaroon in sight! I despair

Anna I feel your pain. I live in a small town and we have no real bakery, so I'm gonna have to travel to a bigger town to see if they have any.

Blodeuedd Finland I have seen one once though. Like 20 km away where a bakery is located that supply stores in town. Why they do not sell macaroons I do not know, but at their little caf'e they do. So far away