Monique's Reviews > RETRIBUTION : The Rake And The Recluse : Part Six

RETRIBUTION  by Jenn LeBlanc

Mar 14, 12

Read from February 20 to 22, 2012

Originally reviewed at AsianCocoa's Secret Garden

**This serial novel needs to read in order. This review may contain spoilers.**

Retribution is the final book in this unique serial novel. Perry and Lilly continue to fall in love with one another but the class difference may make it difficult for the two to find happiness. Perry continues to give fantastic instructions on love making and is also teaching Lilly how to read and write. But the evil antagonist, Hepplewort has come back to London to find a wife and Perry and his cousins will not stop until they thwart his plans. Soon the vengeful and hard headed, Hepplewort decides to steal Lilly away from Perry. Will Lilly be able to rise above the fear of her rapist? Will Hepplewort finally get what he deserves? Retribution is full of tension and you will have to read this incredible last part to find out. The ending was spectacular and I loved how Jenn LeBlanc brought the story around full circle.

Final Thoughts -

I didn’t know what I was getting into when I agreed to read and review this illustrated, six part serial novel. The last book I read that had pictures in it was Last Tango in Paris. It had pictures of scenes from the movie. That was a very erotic read and the pictures definitely brought the book to life. With this novel though, the pictures were very tastefully done and added to the experience of reading this love story. It took me awhile to get used to the photos but I thought it was a lovely addition and I hope that Jenn LeBlanc continues with this theme. The writing was well done and the story was captivating. As I said in my review of Freedom, the pictures made it feel like I was watching/reading a television drama series. I do think that it would be worthwhile to place all six parts into one single book. The Rake and The Recluse was an enchanting time travel story with a very unique story telling approach. I am rating the complete serial novel 4 stars.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read RETRIBUTION .