Cj W's Reviews > The Language of Flowers

The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh

Feb 04, 2012

bookshelves: fiction, want-to-re-read-at-some-point, romance

Her mom didn't want kids.

So, A young girl who, from the start of her life, is in and out of foster homes, and has never known the pleasure of being wanted and being loved, being stable.

Her name is Victoria.

Through heartache and despair, and also through some luck, she finds herself in the home of Elizabeth, who through her own unique way, helps this little girl learn love.
Until, of course, that is threatened to be taken away, and Victoria lies and creates disaster in order to protect herself from being hurt anymore emotionally.

Her young adult life is hard, and often times, the distance she points between herself and others hinders her more than anything else.

Through strength and love, and through the language of flowers, she is asked to take baby steps towards a more bright and loving future.

I don't want to give to much away. It has a happy ending, which is great.
I think that women if all ages would find this book interesting and should read it. Especially mothers, and those who have this need to shut others out, or are emotionally damaged in some way.

Victoria's strength in adversity, even though at times she seems very weak, can be a lesson to SO many women in this world.

Pick it up. Well worth the read.

- CJ

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Language of Flowers.

message 1: by Alyson (new) - added it

Alyson Reuben Good review. Makes me want to find out more about the book. Adding it to my to-read list. I love to read emotionally charged stories.