Sitti's Reviews > The Name of This Book Is Secret

The Name of This Book Is Secret by Pseudonymous Bosch

Feb 04, 12

Read in February, 2012

The Name of this Book Is Secret is an amusing, light read. I was definitely entertained by this book. A lot of people notice the similarities that this book has with Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events and The Mysterious Benedict's Society which are true. The Name of this Book Is Secret isn't the most original book out there.

However, the supposedly reluctant narrator who keeps annoyingly interrupting the story telling when things get to the good part made me chuckle quite a few times. And even though the detective work (considering it coming from two eleven year old) weren't that great and the mystery story line involving children can't possibly beat any of Enid Blyton's Famous Five or Secret Seven books (the story line is just too simple with many unconvincing potholes), I have to admit that I still enjoy the book.

Besides, unlike A Series of Unfortunate Events and The Mysterious Benedict Society, The Name of this Book Is Secret has a killer cliff-hanger that made me very much want to run off to the bookstore find out what happens next. I hope that the next book from this series doesn't disappoint like the subsequent books from A Series of Unfortunate Events and The Mysterious Benedict Society.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Name of This Book Is Secret.