Bookie | The BookChick 's Reviews > How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire

Feb 05, 12

bookshelves: 4-star-read, vampires, paranormal-romance
Read in February, 2012

Book Description:
So what if he's a bit older and usually regards a human female as dinner, not a dinner date? Yes, Roman Draganesti is a vampire, but a vampire who lost one of his fangs sinking his teeth into something he shouldn't have. Now he has one night to find a dentist before his natural healing abilities close the wound, leaving him a lop-sided eater for all eternity.

Things aren't going well for Shanna Whelan either...After witnessing a gruesome murder by the Russian mafia, she's next on their hit list. And her career as a dentist appears to be on a downward spiral because she's afraid of blood. When Roman rescues her from an assassination attempt, she wonders if she's found the one man who can keep her alive. Though the attraction between them is immediate and hot, can Shanna conquer her fear of blood to fix Roman's fang? And if she does, what will prevent Roman from using his fangs on her.

My Thoughts:
I enjoyed this story a great deal. It was funny, romantic, and had a good amount of thrill to keep you interested in the story.

I happily rate this book with 4 stars. It would have garnered five stars if it weren't for the fact that:
(1) Roman incessantly used the expression God's blood. It appeared fifty times in the story. It was very overused and became grating after a while.

(2) The insertion of Shanna's father in the story seemed to be an afterthought. Well, not exactly an afterthought...let me clarify that a bit. At about 50% into the story, I could see that Shanna's father played some significant role in her life. However, the way Sparks threw in the fact that he was the leader of this STAKE-OUT team seemed a bit unfinished (Side note: the logo was described as a bat with a stake through it was hokey. Sparks could have applied a bit more creativity with that one). His insertion into the story was anemic and anticlimactic. Shanna hadn't seen her father in years and his shows up at Ivan's house out of the blue and she's relatively calm about it. It just felt contrived to me.
But even with these two minor issue, I read through the book in one setting because it kept me interested and engaged and definitely piqued my interest in the remaining books in the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire.