Donna Huber's Reviews > You Are What You Wear: What Your Clothes Reveal About You

You Are What You Wear by Jennifer Baumgartner

May 08, 12

bookshelves: for-review, nonfiction
Read in April, 2012 — I own a copy

I don't typically read self help type books, but this one sparked my curiosity. Fashion isn't a big deal to me (I was lost several times when clothing was described - I had to Google French cuffs). But I do know that it can play a part in your image, both to yourself and others. It was the psychology element that drew me to the book. See full review at http://www.girl-who-reads.com/2012/05....

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read You Are What You Wear.

03/24/2012 page 32
13.0% "Since shopping usually increases tension/anxiety for me I'm not a compulsive shopper."
03/25/2012 page 63
25.0% "I'm a clutterbug. I like to keep things (I have 5 souvenir boxes from childhood). I find it easier just not to buy stuff than to get rid of."
04/03/2012 page 86
34.0% "Since I could literally live my entire life in jeans and a tshirt, boredom in my wardrobe is a constant."
04/08/2012 page 114
45.0% "Oversized shirts were popular when I was in high school. It took me a while to move past that fad because it helped me be invisible."
04/08/2012 page 139
54.0% "I went through a phase where getting attention because of my body was better than no attention at all."
04/15/2012 page 166
61.0% "I think I dress my age. Particularly now that I can wear woman sizes. Wonder what others think since most people think I'm 10 years younger than I am."
04/22/2012 page 210
77.0% "The only logo on my clothes might be an Old Navy holiday shirt"