Marlene French's Reviews > The Last Season

The Last Season by Eric Blehm

Feb 04, 12

bookshelves: true-life-adventure
Read in January, 2010

I bought this book, appropriately, in the visitor's center in Sequoia/King's Canyon. The Ranger who sold it to me said it was a great book. The fact that in happened here, high in the back country made it even better! It is the story of Randy Mortensen, a long time back country ranger who is rather a different soul and loves the solace of the back country ranger life. He is involved in the usual ranger duties and has performed many search and rescue operations until that fateful day when he himself becomes the itinerary of the Search and Rescue. It is a wonderful, heartfelt story about a man who looks for happiness his whole life and finds peace only in the mountains. The search itself is exciting yet bone chilling and I couldn't wait to see if he was ever found and how it could have happened to such an experiences ranger. I was, interestingly enough, lucky enough to meet one of the rangers in the book while attending a campfire play in Sequoia! What are the odds? He was awesome and it really made my day! Loved Eric Blehm's story telling abilities...he is a fine author and I look forward to reading him more! I highly recommend this book! It really made me fall in love with the true adventure genre!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Season.