Emma Cunningham's Reviews > Hidden

Hidden by Kelley Armstrong

Feb 04, 12

I am a dedicated ebook reader, but I can’t resist buying limited edition hardcovers from Subterranean Press, simply because they are beautiful. Of course, I buy the ebook versions too! ;)

Hidden by Kelley Armstrong is no exception, although I have to admit I prefer to more realistic drawings in her other novellas to the cartoon-y style drawn by the exceptionally talented Angilram.

The story is a combination of family drama and scary adventure. Werewolf pack enforcer Clay and alpha-in-training Elena are staying up near Algonquin Park in Ontario with their twin preschoolers, Logan and Kate, when they realize there are werewolves in town and children missing. The clock is ticking down for them to figure out if there’s a connection, and if so, make sure their children aren’t the next to fall prey to a sadistic wolf. At the same time, Elena is struggling with whether or not to tell her children that they come from a family of werewolves.

Like all of Armstrong’s stories, Hidden features vivid characters, a dangerous adventure, and romance. I have to admit I missed the presence of other characters, such as werewolf pack alpha Jeremy who was spending Christmas with his necromancer girlfriend Jaime, but overall the story was wonderful. It tied into Bitten in a way that no other book in the series has so far and connected into semi-loose threads from Frostbitten as well. All-in-all, I highly recommend purchasing this book before they are sold out!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hidden.