Shyla's Reviews > The Hunger Games Companion: The Unauthorized Guide to the Series

The Hunger Games Companion by Lois H. Gresh

Feb 04, 12

bookshelves: bad-bad

I was excited to delve into the world of Hunger Games....the characters, the relationships, the theories. But this...this so called companion is nothing but a bunch of ramblings explaining things that have happened in history and briefly comparing to them to Panem. Or there are chapters that include topics such as torture methods, war, hunger and how starvation actually occurs. Basically all the chapters pertain to topics brought up in Hunger Games but literally sheds NO light on the actual books, characters or plot. No cool theories about how Panem came to be or what happened to the world, no in depth character studies. Really nothing! Wish I would have saved my money...absolutely regret buying.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hunger Games Companion.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Chechoui What you were looking for in this book is what I was looking for too. I thought it would have been more of an analysis of the text - not a huge tangent from things mentioned in the books.

Shyla Exactly! =)