Karen Freeman's Reviews > The Girlfriends' Guide to Surviving the First Year of Motherhood

The Girlfriends' Guide to Surviving the First Year of Motherhood by Vicki Iovine

Feb 04, 2012

Read in February, 2012

I recommend this book to any new mom. Consider it free therapy with a side of humor and wise advice from a supportive group of good girlfriends. I get this book down off the shelf after each child and read it to ward off postpartum depression. Read it in the bathtub, while nursing, in the middle of the night, whenever you get a chance. I predict it will make you laugh aloud at least once and will definitely have you nodding your head in mirthful agreement. I must warn you that the author is very frank so sometimes she goes farther than I would to explain bodily functions (both yours and your babies') and sexual things. If you can get past that, this book will help you get past the first topsy turvy weeks of your new baby's life.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girlfriends' Guide to Surviving the First Year of Motherhood.