Felicia's Reviews > Silent in the Grave

Silent in the Grave by Deanna Raybourn

Nov 07, 13

Read in November, 2013

This is our pick for this month's Vaginal Fantasy Hangout. Read along and then watch on Feb 27th, 8pm PST! THATS MONDAY THE LAST MONDAY OF THE MONTH!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Silent in the Grave.

11/07/2013 marked as: read

dateDown_arrow    newest »

terrastrana Surprised by how quickly I'm reading this book! Looking forward to the Feb. 27 hangout.

Donna Thomas ou are going to do for authors what Oprah did, would not normally buy this type of book but after that podcast, which I LOVED I am determined to read the book of the month...

Felicia Donna wrote: "ou are going to do for authors what Oprah did, would not normally buy this type of book but after that podcast, which I LOVED I am determined to read the book of the month..."
Yay! I really hope you like it!

message 4: by Karen (new)

Karen Burrell I never read them either but i'm gonna get it on my new Nook and read along. =) sounds fun, loved the podcast too

message 5: by Karen (new)

Karen Burrell yay started the book today =)

Alexis I'm already done! I've had the bundle on my Kindle for months, but I don't know when I would have gotten to it if I hadn't seen your twitter posts. It's been a while since I read a mystery, so this was great for getting back into them.

message 7: by Karen (new)

Karen Burrell yay nice job lol

Sara Yay so glad you picked one I knew :D
PS just finished grave witch 1 & 2, you're my new Oprah ! :D

message 9: by Diane (new) - added it

Diane Hicks Hoping someone can point me in the direction of a Kindle version of this one?

message 10: by Diane (new) - added it

Diane Hicks Thanks Fushigifox - seems 'cos I'm in Australia, I can't get those versions :-( Wondered why I couldn't see them...that's why. Rats.

message 11: by Tylina (new) - added it

Tylina I would not have picked up this book if not for the VF book club. I flew through it, and then through the next two in the series. I usually suck at 'assigned' reading, and do I don't do book clubs. Now I'm a changed woman and can't wait to see what is next on the list!

message 12: by Diane (new) - added it

Diane Hicks Looks like that's the second book in the series? But yep, I can buy that one. Strange why they have the second one available for us internationals, but not the first...Thanks though, I'll read this one to get a feel for the author. If I like, I'll order a paperback for the first.

message 13: by Iris (new) - rated it 2 stars

Iris Diane, do you have a Kindle? Does it allow you to get it from Amazon.co.uk? The book is on there. It's so annoying though about the publishing/copyright (or whatever it is that affects this) restrictions between countries. I encountered it too a while back when I was reading the Vampire Academy books I think, back when all Kindle books were only on Amazon.com. Really frustrating when you hear people talk about a certain book but you can't get it yourself!

message 14: by Diane (new) - added it

Diane Hicks Thanks Iris, yep, got my kindle for Christmas. I've tried both the UK and US Amazon sites, and I can only download from my Aussie link :-( Very frustrating, true. I was so looking forward to Felicia's next G+ Hangout and not sure if a paper back will ship fast enough...crossing my fingers. Is doubly frustrating, as I've just started to really get used to getting my kindle books in a few seconds ;-) Definitely first world problem though!

message 15: by Robbie (new)

Robbie I must admit that I am having a hard time connecting with the characters in this book...

message 16: by Karen (new)

Karen Burrell same

Angie I love this book so much.

Kristy Bryson I sincerely don't intend this as rude, but I can't help but observe that this is the last book I'd ever pick for anything called "Vaginal Fantasy Hangout." There's not vaginas hanging out or having fun, except for perhaps Portia and Jane. The potential love interest is squashed with complex and I think overblown "distrust" and the rest of the book is about what the main character wears and how much homosexual sex and syphilis was going around. Quite the opposite of "Vaginal Fantasy Hangout". And no fantasy, except what you brought to it as a reader.

Kristy Bryson On the other hand, I am totally fascinated by your group and I'm going there next to see what other books you've recommended...(*excited*!)