Phayvanh's Reviews > Murder on the Orient Express

Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie

Jul 14, 2008

liked it
bookshelves: 2008, reviews, agatha-christie
Recommended to Phayvanh by: library sale
Recommended for: Christie fans
Read in July, 2008

Again, picked up at the library book sale. Third Christie book I've read and I'm understanding already why it's one of the most popular ones--a great premise, great characters and the almost unbelievable skills of deduction from our hero, M. Poirot.

Snowbound, a murder improvised under the circumstances, all suspects lying--to protect whom? How mnay killers? When did it happen?

As usual, a pretty fast read. I guess I'm not the sort of person who pauses in mysteries to come to conclusions for myself. I prefer to be led along by the narrative. I suppose it might have taken me forever to read if it were an other way.

I enjoyed the setting, the characters and the impossibility of it all.

I am now getting a little tired of the "wrap up sessions" at the end of these books, where Poirot asks for everyone to gather round, and he presents his findings and his conclusions--in front of all the accused. And the fact that everyone is suspect, in a confined space, and mostly just through interview and deductive reasoning that the mystery is solved. Oh well.

I hear that the movie is very good, and I will try to find it on DVD.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Murder on the Orient Express.