Lhiza's Reviews > Before I Fall

Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver

Jun 30, 12

Read from April 08 to June 30, 2012 — I own a copy

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Before I Fall.

Quotes Lhiza Liked

“Hope keeps you alive.”

Lauren Oliver
“So many things become beautiful when you really look.”

Lauren Oliver
“Maybe you can afford to wait. Maybe for you there's a tomorrow. Maybe for you there's one thousand tomorrows, or three thousand, or ten, so much time you can bathe in it, roll around it, let it slide like coins through you fingers. So much time you can waste it.
But for some of us there's only today. And the truth is, you never really know.”

Lauren Oliver
“I guess that's what saying good-bye is always like--like jumping off an edge. The worst part is making the choice to do it. Once you're in the air, there's nothing you can do but let go.”

05/24/2012 page 138
29.0% "Day 2"
06/23/2012 page 341
73.0% "Day 5 has just ended. It started with Sam spending quality time with her family. Then off to saving Juliet Sykes which eventually led us to the scene where she and Juliet died only that she was replaced by Elody. Then a kiss. Not from Rob but from Kent Fuller. Hot chocolate with marshmallow - sounds yummy!"
06/23/2012 page 341
06/25/2012 page 415
88.0% "Day 6 Sam woke up feeling very grateful and appreciative - for her family, friends, nature & even Dunkin Donuts. Then she realized it should be a "correction day" starting from the bouquet of roses for Cupid Day then skipping Calculus class to erase vandalisms. Just when you thought everything's going to get a little bit better, Juliet still dies. And Kent McFuller - I think I know how this story will end. :("
06/30/2012 page 470
100.0% "Day 7, the last day, is here. I can't help but think how the ending went. I couldn't even start telling how day 7 started - all because my mind is already set to page 470. It's not the ending I hoped for but at least it's not as painful as I've imagined. Okay, day 6 led me to the idea that maybe Kent McFuller will die in place of Sam just when she's so in love with him. Okay. Pffft."