Shana's Reviews > The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner's Dilemma

The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner's Dilemma by Trenton Lee Stewart

Feb 04, 12

Read in February, 2012

Well, I've flown through another one of these books, the last, I think. In some ways, I feel the author is honing his skills but in others, not so much. Trenton Lee Stewart did manage the readers emotions with dexterity, though, naturally, it must be easier given that anyone reading this third book is likely invested in the characters by this point or else they'd have stopped reading the series. Still, it's no mean feat to make your readers really care and, as an extension, really fear for the characters even knowing that it must come out happily ever after. That said, the puzzles and twist were shockingly easy to see coming, much more so than even in the other books. Perhaps the writer's lost his taste for creating them.

At any rate, this was still a satisfying read, and this series is enjoyable enough that I can recommend it with confidence to my students who are looking for something to read in English. I'm especially happy that the story is one I think both males and females can enjoy as some of my other recommendations were more likely to be enjoyed by the girls. All in all, I think this book was a satisfying conclusion to series.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner's Dilemma.