Addie R.'s Reviews > Girl of Nightmares

Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake

Originally posted: http://addie-bookwormrecommendations....

Girl of Nightmares was an extraordinary sequel to Anna Dressed in Blood! It exceeded my expectations by far and was even more enjoyable than the first! Cas, the dry-humored and kickass ghost hunter is back, but this time, he’s trying to find a way to get Anna out of Hell. There are so many twists and mesmerizing scenes throughout this whole book that it just ended up being a bundle of awesomeness!

Cas, Caramel and Thomas are back and I’ve enjoyed them even more in Anna’s sequel. Caramel and Thomas are in a relationship (sort of) and it was nice seeing them going through the complications of that. Caramel was just as snarky and funny as the last one and Thomas was his normal nerdy self. I loved how they both persisted to be by Cas’s side even when they were threatening their lives. There’s even a new character, Jestine. She’s pretty much the British and girl version of Cas, and if not, just even more sarcastic and arrogant. There’s also something mysterious about her that makes her an intriguing character.

The only complaint I have with Girl of Nightmares, was there wasn’t much of Anna until the end. I get that she’s stuck in Hell but I just loved her in the first book and would’ve loved to see more of her! This book was very engaging and captivating and fast-paced that I just could not stop reading! I practically had to force myself to stop at night because of its creepiness. I didn’t want to go to sleep at night with the lights on.

Overall, if you loved Anna Dressed in Blood, you will mostly likely love this, and maybe even more. There’s talk of the history of Cas’s athame, magic and it’s every bit as gory and twisted as the first. And that ending literally broke my heart into two. Nevertheless, I still think it ended beautifuly. I recommend this series to fans of horror and ghosts.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Girl of Nightmares.

07/09/2012 "GAHHHH so excited!!" 1 comment
07/09/2012
39.0% "Awesome so far:)"
07/10/2012
71.0% "Amazing so far! I hope they find Anna soon :3"