Mindi's Reviews > Love and Leftovers

Love and Leftovers by Sarah Tregay

Feb 04, 12

bookshelves: ya

This book was written by a local author who lives in Eagle, ID, so of course i had to read it. Even though a) I don't really care for books in verse, and b) the title was a little meh. The title makes sense pretty quickly, & the book was easy to read & engaged the reader right away, to the point where it was hard to put down. I read this in 2 hours (the perks of verse: there's only like 10 words on a page). And i gotta admit, it was really fun to read about Boise. The first half of the book takes place in New Hampshire, but the last part is in Boise, the main character even goes to Boise High. I liked that the author battled an issue that has become more & more prevalent, which is Dad decides after umpteen years of marriage that hey, he's gay. Hooray. Well, not so much for mom & kid. Even with all the sappy love stuff & teenage girl angst, this is a worthy read. Language is fair to middling throughout but there is a lot of frank sexual talk & situations. Most importantly - local author! Go buy this book Idahoans!!!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love and Leftovers.