Julie Davis's Reviews > Human.4

Human.4 by Mike A. Lancaster

Feb 05, 2012

did not like it
Read from February 04 to 05, 2012

Both Amy H. Sturgis and Tim Canny liked this book. When people from such different parts of my on-line lives cross like that and both approve, I've got to check it out. The Kindle sample was intriguing so I picked up the library's hold-in-your-hands book to read (somehow, considering the book description, I felt I needed the real book!)

FINAL
I was intrigued by the mysterious beginning of the book with the hypnosis part of the talent show seemingly have gone wrong. And I was drawn in as the story revealed very slowly what was behind the mysteries. However, the mysteries were revealed so slowly that I actually became bored and had to stop myself from skipping to the end of the book.

In the final analysis, I actually felt somewhat cheated, as if the author had recently seen The Matrix and read Invasion of the Body Snatchers and decided to do a mash up.

This book was loved by many, including some people whose opinion I greatly respect ... so perhaps the problem is mine, but this book just didn't do it for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Human.4.

message 1: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy Sturgis Here's hoping you enjoy it, too! My fingers are crossed.

message 2: by Tamahome (new)

Tamahome Is that .4 stars?

message 3: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy Sturgis Amy wrote: "Here's hoping you enjoy it, too! My fingers are crossed."

I'm so sorry it didn't work for you! :(

Julie Davis Tama ... you crack me up! (As always)

Amy ... I know ... :-)

Holly I agree... it felt rushed, not enough character development. there were aspects I liked but not enough. I didnt feel very connected to the story and it all felt a bit flat to be honest