Erin's Reviews > Shine

Shine by Jeri Smith-Ready

Apr 19, 2012

bookshelves: read-2012
Read from March 31 to April 19, 2012

Unlike the first two novels of the SHADE trilogy, SHINE pulls readers deeper into the intriguing mysteries of the ancient and the current: the meaning of the Shift and the possibility of its undoing; the corruption of the DMP and its various allies and enemies. SHINE is as much about mystery as it is about love and romance. It will keep readers turning the pages to see what comes next, and ultimately wraps up in a way that feels natural, and not at all forced.

SHINE brings Aura and Zachary to a level in their relationship that is both comfortable and exciting—taking it exactly where we all knew it would go, but keeping us in anxious suspense just the same.

Aura continues to be brilliant, using what she knows to put the pieces together at the right time.
Zachary continues to be the perfect balance of vulnerability and strength, though the scales tip in one direction or another from time to time, making him utterly human(and completely irresistible, of course).

The letter at the end sealed my love for this book and series. I couldn't ask for a better resolution than what that letter offered.

It's not often when a series gives the reader the kind of complete, blissful closure that SHINE has managed to do. But still...a short story, a letter, even a card around the holidays from the characters would be genuinely appreciated—just to make us smile and let us know that they're doing well...

...exactly how we left them.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shine.