Kasey's Reviews > Rivals and Retribution

Rivals and Retribution by Shannon Delany

Aug 18, 12

Read on August 18, 2012

I can't believe that it's the last book. The first 3 books in this series I loved, but the 4th one wasn't as good. Now at the fifth and final book I have to say I'm pretty disapointed. It took 100 pages just to save Jessie and so not much was going on. In the next 170 pages not much happened except Marlaene & Peter were acting strange and such. Then at page 270 Jessie finally figures it out and in about 20 pages they finally have a cure. I didn't understand how Marlaene always said she loved Gareth but in the end she wouldn't take the cure so they could stay together. WTF? We didn't see much of Jessie and Peter. It didn't really fit in with the other books. It didn't really feel like a last book in a series. It was like it was just a random plot she came up with a threw together. It was way to short and fast paced for me. I gave it 3 stars because I came to love this series but the last was a big disappointment.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rivals and Retribution.