Marie's Reviews > Captured by the Highlander

Feb 08, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: highland-romance, historical-period-romance
Read from February 05 to 08, 2012

The only thing about this book that bothered me, was the heroine's naive nature. I was glad that as the story progressed she was starting to grow out of it in a sense. But the one thing that I wanted to pound into her head is that war is war and people get killed. She refused to accept that, and she thought that if you just talked and hugged it out all will be well. But in a war that just dosent happen we would like for there to be other alternatives but unfortunatley we can't always get what we want. It dosent mean that people dont feel bad about it or that all men are svages becuase they are forced to kill. Her inability to grasp this and her inability to understand that about the hero, was just more proof that she did not want to accept reality and wanted to continue to live in a sheltered dream world. When she placed guilt on the hero for his actions, I was just annoyed with her for not wanting to see both sides of the situation. I know she had the ability to be open minded, but her not wanting to and simply wanting to think that the world could be all rainbows and sunshine got annoying and made her seem selfhish. She some what redeemed herself in the end, but I never really got the feeling that she understood his actions. I felt like he should have stood up for himself more in that regard. Other than that, the story line was good and the characters had a lot of depth. I wish the love scenes would have been longer with more detail. I also wish that the hero was givin more of an image description.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Captured by the Highlander.