Pr Latta's Reviews > Death du Jour

Death du Jour by Kathy Reichs

620113
#2 in Reichs' long running series. First person. Anthropological examination of a century old nun. Fires. Cults. Montreal weather. Monkey research colonies. Daughter Katie's college goals. Ryan...it would be a spoiler. Magill. UNC-Charlotte. Assault (that Brennan doesn't report - in making Tempe independent, Reichs has her make some stupid decisions. I didn't understand why she hid it even from ...). Sister Harry (real sister, from Texas, not a nun!). Cat Birdie. Lots and lots going on as we watch Tempe work through a series of murders in Montreal...then the Carolinas, finally ending up in real personal danger. Screen fades. All is sweetness and light, back in Charlotte, ready for the explanation. I enjoy Reich's books for the medical/forensic details, the bizarre situations, the cast ensemble, but sometimes I just shake my head... Hurren's accents distracted me. Tempe did *not* sound Carolinian. Harry did *not* sound Texan. The French sounded authentic but who am I to know? Andrew Ryan's accent at least made me aware that he is Canadian, whether it is accurate or not (he didn't sound like a hockey play, but again, who am I to know). It was not a big enough issue to detract from the story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Death du Jour.