Jennifer's Reviews > Deadly Little Secret

Deadly Little Secret by Laurie Faria Stolarz

Feb 03, 12

Read in January, 2012

Camelia comes close to getting hit by a car early on in the book and is saved by a mysterious boy named Ben who quickly disappears. I thought this was very Twilight-ish but worked very well with the plot. When Ben enrolls at Camelia’s school, the rumor mill cranks up in high gear, spilling stories about him killing his ex-girlfriend, but Camelia isn’t as quick to believe the rumors as her friends. He claims she’s in danger and he can help her. Soon a stalker enters the picture, with his sights set on Camelia. Is Ben behind the messages and unsettling gifts left for her or is someone else after her?

Deadly Little Secret is the first installment of Stolarz’s Touch series and it definitely does not disappoint. This is a fast-paced and very mysterious read that will keep readers guessing until the very end. I just couldn’t figure out who the bad guy was and was shocked when it all came out.

Stolarz keeps the plot moving with plenty of twists and mystery. The relationship between Ben and Camelia is interesting and I liked the fact that insta-love did not factor in, spoiling the romance of it all. The characters are well developed and exciting, adding to the dramatic tale. Deadly Little Lies is the next installment and I’m eager to find out what Stolarz has in store next. Readers that enjoy reading about characters with special abilities or mysteries will enjoy the Touch series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deadly Little Secret.