Angelc's Reviews > Overbite

Overbite by Meg Cabot

Feb 27, 12

3.5 Stars

I haven't read the first book in this series, so the beginning was a little confusing for me, but once I got into it, I enjoyed the book. I liked that it wasn't as intense, violent or gory as most adult paranormal books. It was a little more watered down, which is a good thing for scaredy cats like me. I didn't have to worry about curse words sprinkling every page, or a creepy love scene or other violence that are so predominant in the adult paranormal genre. I can see how readers who love that genre though, might be disappointed in this book since it's a much more safe version.

While I did enjoy the book, and was glad that I didn't have to worry about any cringe worthy scenes, the book didn't really stand out for me. It kind of seemed like I had read the story before. The characters didn't really fly off the page for me, but I feel like that might have been because I didn't read the first one where you really got to meet the characters.I think that might also be why I wasn't that absorbed in the romance. It's hard to step in late and still really know what's going on.

A tamer, safer adult paranormal romance, but missing a little oopmph.

book sent by publisher in exchange for honest review

reviewed for http://inthehammockblog.blogspot.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Overbite.