Mounica's Reviews > The Five People You Meet in Heaven

The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom

Jul 14, 2008

bookshelves: luuvvved-it

This book is a pretty cool perceptive of death and heaven. It is about an old guy who works at an amusement park called Ruby Pier. Throughout his life he feels he didn't do anything worthwhile for others, and that his life was a waste, that he was a waste. He dies and goes to heaven. And I tell you, that's not where the story ends; it actually begins there. In heaven, he will meet five people who will show him how their life was linked to his in the most unexpected ways. Heaven, Mitch Albom explains, is where you analyze you life, and find peace within this realization and final understanding. It's interesting to think about who your five people will be when you die. It's a quick and simple read, but very meaningful. I loved it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Five People You Meet in Heaven.

Quotes Mounica Liked

Mitch Albom
“All endings are also beginnings. We just don't know it at the time.”
Mitch Albom, The Five People You Meet In Heaven

Mitch Albom
“Sometimes when you sacrifice something precious, you're not really losing it. You're just passing it on to someone else.”

Mitch Albom
“You have peace," the old woman said, "when you make it with yourself.”

Mitch Albom
“No story sits by itself, Sometimes stories meet at corners and sometimes they cover one another completely, like stones beneath a river.”

Mitch Albom
“People often belittle the place where they were born.”

Mitch Albom
“Heaven can be found in the most unlikely corners.”

Mitch Albom
“This is the greatest gift God can give you: to understand what happened in your life. To have it explained. It is the peace you have been searching for.”

Mitch Albom
“Scenery without solace is meaningless.”

Mitch Albom
“...the human spirit knows, deep down that all lives intersect.”

Mitch Albom
“Death doesn't just take someone, it misses someone else, and in the small distance between being taken and being missed, lives are changed.”

Mitch Albom
“Sacrifice is a part of life. It's supposed to be. It's not something to regret. It's something to aspire to.”

Mitch Albom
“People say they 'find' love, as if it were an object hidden by a rock. But love takes many forms, and it is never the same for any man and woman. What people find then is a certain love. And [he] found a certain love with [her], a grateful love, a deep but quiet love, one that he knew, above all else, was irreplaceable.”

Mitch Albom
“Love like rain, can nourish from above, drenching couples with soaking joy. But sometimes, under the angry heat of life, love dries on the surface and must nourish from below, tending to its roots, keeping itself alive.”

Mitch Albom
“There was a pier filled with thousands of people, men and women, fathers and mothers and children--so many children--children from the past and the present, children who had not yet been born, side by side, hand in hand, in caps, in short pants, filling the boardwalk and the rides and the wooden platforms, sitting on each other's shoulders, sitting in each other's laps. They were there, or would be there, becuause of the simple mundane things [he] had done in his life, the accidents he had prevented, the rides he had kept safe, the unnoticed turns he had affected every day. And while their lips did not move, [he] heard their voices, more voices then he could have imagined, and a peace came upon him that he had never known before.”

Mitch Albom
“Fairness," he said, 'does not govern life and death. If it did, no good person would ever die young.”

Mitch Albom
“Holding anger is a poison...It eats you from inside...We think that by hating someone we hurt them...But hatred is a curved blade...and the harm we do to others...we also do to ourselves.”

Mitch Albom
“There are no random acts...We are all connected...You can no more separate one life from another than you can separate a breeze from the wind...”
tags: life

Mitch Albom
“And in that line now was a whiskered old man, with a linen cap and a crooked nose, who waited in a place called the Stardust Band Shell to share his part of the secret of heaven: that each affects the other and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one.”

Mitch Albom
“All parents damage their children. It cannot be helped. Youth, like pristine glass, absorbs the prints of its handlers. Some parents smudge, others crack, a few shatter childhoods completely into jagged little pieces, beyond repair.”

Mitch Albom
“Time," the Captain said, "is not what you think." He sat down next to Eddie. "Dying? Not the end of everything. We think it is. But what happens on earth is only the beginning.”

Mitch Albom
“Every life has one true love snapshot.”
tags: love

03/16/2009 page 1
show 1 hidden update…

lisa this book is pretty cool
i like it.

message 2: by Himaja (new)

Himaja never heard of this book!! Maybe someone can tell me about this book and if I liked it then I will start reading it!!!

lisa well, its about a guy who dies and meets five people who teach him about why he was alive.

message 4: by Himaja (new)

Himaja maybe I should read it !! It sounds sort of freaky! It's sort of cool how a guy thinks he dies but people tell him why he's alive sort of confusing too! Thanks for telling me the story Lisa.

lisa no problem

Mounica Finished it! Cool story, original plot.

Priyanka I just finished reading this book! It was good, but there were some confusing sentences and I passed a lot of words I didn't known the meaning of!~

message 8: by Mounica (last edited Jul 26, 2009 01:03PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mounica You're done? Awesome! xD
Did you understand the ending? When I read the book, I had to reread the ending several times to get it. And, what are you reading next?

Priyanka yeah i guess kind of! Roll of thunder hear me cry!
I can't add it as a book on goodreads for some weird reason.

message 10: by Mounica (last edited Jul 26, 2009 02:48PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mounica Really? Clear here.

Priyanka OMG thanks!Yea really, wow i don't get why i couldn't!