Samantha's Reviews > Evergreen

Evergreen by Brenda Pandos

Aug 05, 12

Read from July 26 to 30, 2012

Spoilers for Everblue!
Epic. That is all I have to say about this book. It was epic. I loved it. I was thrown a new surprise every couple pages and I just loved it. Though there were parts that I was sitting there thinking why am I still reading? It’s just Ash all sad and lonely, but then it would become epic again and I would love it all over again!
Cover:
I like the cover. I don’t really like the close-up aspect of this one. The make-up was too much and it just didn’t seem to fit the book. I think it would have been a little better to be like the cover of Everblue a lot more. It just seemed to fit, and this one didn’t seem to.
Plot/Writing:
Oh. My. Word. Talk about a roller coaster ride. You had one twist after another and you barely had time to catch your breath. I like how she continued the story and added new characters without making them seem to be invading on the story and not distracting from the main point, but helping it and propelling it forward. Beware, if you hate cliff hangers, then well… You’re kinda screwed cause this one ends on a major cliff hanger and I was about to throw the book across the room.
Characters:
I wanted to strangle Ash most of the time. She was just being reckless and a liar for a good part of the book. Why couldn’t she just tell the truth and make do with what happened? But no, she didn’t and well the whole stinkin’ book was her fault! Okay, end rant. She was more confusing and indecisive in this book then the last one, she knew what she wanted but wouldn’t go after it. She snuck around and hid from the people she loved. I wasn’t proud of her until the very end. Then she became the Ash we know and love.
I love Fin. I adore Fin. I was annoyed with Fin. He just seemed to not be doing much in this book. You get to see things from his perspective and it just felt wrong. Sure it gave you more to the story and explained things, but I didn’t seem to want to see that. I wanted him with Ash and them to live happily ever after and swim off in the sun set. (Metaphorically speaking, of course.) I just couldn’t get into Fin’s character all that much in this book, but the stuff that he did made me happy and swoon! 
All in All:
I really did enjoy this book, the characters got on my nerves but that was for just little stuff and that is just me ranting. If you haven’t yet you should pick up Everblue and continue on with the epic tale of Ash and Fin! 
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Evergreen.