Mary's Reviews > Love in a Nutshell

Love in a Nutshell by Janet Evanovich

1620680
Feb 03, 12

Read in February, 2012

This was an ok book that was a quick light read but nothing that I would highly recommend. I have been a big fan of Evanovich's Stephanie Plum books, but it was hard to tell how much of this was her work and how much was Dorien Kelly's work.

The plot had holes in it. After a divorce, the heroine Kate Appleton moves back to a small town in Michigan where her family has a summer home. Kate plans of fixing the home up and opening a bread and breakfast. Problem is there is a huge mortgage on the home and it needs major repairs. The repairs I can understand ... but the mortgage. Her family has owned this home since she was a child and 30 years later there is still a mortgage. Yet her parents and siblings all seem to be very wealthy.

Also, Matt Culhane, her love interest has a micro brewery / pub restaurant that is being sabotaged all the time and he can't seem to get to the bottom of it. Hello? this is the 21st century where we are surrounded by security cameras everywhere. They are also a lot of very affordable security systems that he could install himself. Instead he is willing to offer Kate $20,000 dollars if she can figure out who the culprit is behind the sabotage efforts.

I did like the dog aspect to the story. Both have their own dogs ... Matt has a 3 legged hound and Kate has a pampered toy poodle.

This had the potential of being a much better story that what it was.
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love in a Nutshell.