Carla *Jen7waters*'s Reviews > Poison Princess

Poison Princess by Kresley Cole

Feb 03, 2012

bookshelves: young-adult, paranormal-romance, fantasy, stalkerific-hero, 2012-read, hero-jealous-possessive, heroine-virgin, hero-i-wanna-slap
Read from October 24 to November 01, 2012

Poison Princess, my God, I waited ANXIOUSLY for this one. I love YA and Kresley Cole, so naturally I was beyond excited to check out her debut in the genre, and after reading it I’m happy to say I’m not disappointed.

The beginning freaked me out (that is one awesome yet creepy prologue), and the initial chapters confused me a bit---I mean, I knew this was YA but I was not prepared for such a generic opening: girl goes to her first day in school and there she meets the new mysterious hot guy, who rides a bike, drinks a lot, and behaves like an ass, especially towards her.

My first reaction to this was a loud hiss, followed by a: Not this again! But I kept on reading, and it paid off, because suddenly the story transformed itself into a tale of survival and self-discovery in a post-Apocalyptic world.

I really liked Evie as a protagonist, she’s that mix of fragile yet tough and determined female, and I cared for her since the beginning. She’s quite the troubled soul, and even when she’s surrounded by friends and family, she’s alone in the world---she is constantly having horrible visions and hearing voices in her head, which sets her apart from others.

After the Apocalypse she gets stuck with Jackson, the bad boy I talked about before, they team up to travel in search for Evie’s grandmother, and it’s maddening!! Good God, it had been a while since I read Kresley Cole, and I kind of forgot her couples are always on the verge of kissing-slapping each other. ALWAYS. I won’t lie, I like this type of couples but they can drive me nuts after hundreds of pages. And the misunderstandings---Christ!! Let’s just say ALL of Evie’s and Jackson’s troubles could be prevented if they just talked. You know, like normal, civilized, sane people do.

I honestly didn’t like Jackson at the beginning but as the story unfolds I got to understand him---deep down he doesn’t feel like he deserves a girl such as Evie and IT KILLS HIM, because he likes her like a madman. He also has no idea whatsoever how to act around her, and since Evie has no idea of what really goes on in his head they always end up reaching the wrong conclusions about each other and fight nonstop.

Evie’s supernatural powers were strange to me at first, but I loved that last scene when we finally get a glimpse of what she can do, so I can hardly wait for more.

What else is there to say? I recommend it!

**PT Cuidado com o Dálmata

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Poison Princess.

Quotes Carla *Jen7waters* Liked

Kresley Cole
“Matthew, exactly how psychic are you?
So psychic that other psychics should be called Mattics.”
Kresley Cole, Poison Princess

Kresley Cole
“Somebody want to explain to me why those soldiers were shooting each other?'
(...)'Inbreeding?”
Kresley Cole, Poison Princess

10/25/2012 page 57
14.0% "wow, this guy is an ass" 6 comments
10/30/2012 page 281
73.0% "Kresley."
show 3 hidden updates…

message 1: by Carla (new)

Carla You make me wanna read it! *_*

Carla *Jen7waters* Sorry about that

message 3: by Carla (new)

Carla Ahahah don't worry, vou já tratar disso :p

Imani I just finished reading it. ick, whenever I read the chapters from' Arthur's POV, I was completely creeped out. I was relieved and happy at the end though. *phew*

Carla *Jen7waters* I know! Those chapters are so scary D:

I kept thinking she was helpless in that creep's hands and was going to need Jackson to save her, but OMG, she surprised me.

Imani omg I thought the same thing! that Jackson was gonna be the hero of the day~ I loved how it didn't turn out that way! complete shocker and very satisfying at the same time lol! can't wait for the 2nd! xD

Carla *Jen7waters* I loved that she knew the guy was evil and that she was actually hunting him, and didn't need Jackson to save her, but I also loved that he went after her and was there to save her if needed---especially after the way they had parted before. :D

message 8: by Imani (last edited Dec 26, 2012 05:50PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Imani same here! I loved the unexpectedness of it- how she actually hunted and (thank gaaawd) got rid of that creepo. that ending was amazing. I wasn't surprised that Jackson came, but at the same time I was like "wait wat? didn't u say u were DONE? >_O" lol but i was happy he came anyways~ XDDD

Carla *Jen7waters* That's Kresley Cole for you. The guys will always pretend they are done with the heroines at some point---PRETEND. xD They are so stubborn, I love it.

Imani I haven't read her other books but I can tell she's the kind of author I adore! haha I won't deny, I luv it too XP