Come Everyone See A Revival Cesar's Reviews > Warriors of the Heynai

Warriors of the Heynai by M.J. Webb

Mar 22, 12

Read from March 02 to 22, 2012

Well I have to say that I really enjoyed this second book in the Jake West series. The story really moves on, always keeping you wondering whats around the corner. Jake the main charachter matures a lot during in this book as he faces new challenges and has plenty of new powers to finesse. But whilst the story explains his powers, he is still limited in his abilities until the stones are restored.
Ben his best friend has also learnt how to stand on his own two feet, to fight within his capabilities but also to make a mark separate from Jake.
Princess Zephany also has to make a step forward into adulthood as she faces challenges of her own, and almost fails but for some last minute intervention from Jake (she may thank him later for that?), but she has to stand and convince others to fight, she has to lead the fight herself, and towards the end of the book she assumes control of the rebels.
I was a bit confused at the end of the book, as I half expected an army of dragons to appear and destroy the Kings army, but it didn't happen, which leaves me wondering if such a thing will happen in the last book of the series.
Also left on a knife edge is the fate of the rebel King, who is left laying injured in the fallen city, unable to move whilst recovering from his injuries. For the time being he has remained hidden, but will his brother find him? I have to wait for the next book to find out.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Warriors of the Heynai.