Cathy's Reviews > My Boyfriend Merlin

My Boyfriend Merlin by Priya Ardis

F_50x66
Feb 03, 12

Read in February, 2012

Ryan is just a normal 17 year old girl. She's the student president in her high school. She lives with her friends Grey and Alexa and their mother Sylvia, because her mom died. One day during a boring lecture in her history class, the unthinkable happens. Another teacher interrupts the lecture with an announcement that "History is happening now!" The whole class goes into another classroom to find out just what is going on. A large rock has shown up, out of nowhere in Trafalgar Square, with King Arthur's sword sticking out of it. This rock caused a "Total Tremor," basically an earthquake that starts in the square and moves around the whole world. This is where things start to get pretty crazy for Ryan. She's being taken home by her ex-boyfriend Matt on his bike, when out of nowhere a dragon attacks. Grey and Alexa are following and in the craziness Ryan is badly wounded and Alexa is killed. When Matt is able to heal her, Ryan knows that somethings up with him, and she learns that he is a powerful magician, Merlin to be exact. But does he care for her? Or does he just want to use her to get the sword? I enjoyed the story line of this book. I thought the characters were awesome, and there was tons of action all through the book to keep you hooked. I liked Ryan especially, she starts out as kind of a person that can be easily pushed around and by the end of the book she's a strong, courageous young woman who knows what she wants out of life. The one reason that I gave this book 3 stars instead of 4 is for the language.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Boyfriend Merlin.