Natalie's Reviews > Deadlocked

Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris

Oct 17, 2012

bookshelves: faeries, paranormal-romance, shifters, supernatural-others, vampires, urban-fantasy, favorites, mystery
Read from May 09 to 10, 2012 — I own a copy

After so much disappointment with the last few books of the Sookie series....Ms. Harris finally gives something to enjoy.

There's still trouble in paradise between Sookie and Eric with whole betrothed situation to Freyda. To add to the mix, the Vegas vampires have come to visit to investigate the disappearance of Victor. Quickly more trouble is added into the mix with a plot to frame Eric, the disappearance of Warren (Mustapha's friend), and Jannalyn causing more trouble for Sookie due to jealousy. Sookie treads along not really sure how everything fits together or how it will all work out. She works on keeping her thoughts from doubting how things will turn out, but it's hard to do when you feel your world is falling apart while everyone else is getting their HEA's.

Finally, this book actually has mystery where the last few were lacking. Instead of all her problems being magically solved this time, Sookie actually jumps in and does the ground work herself with a little help along the way. During the daytime and at work, all the characters in Sookie's world are having closure. Everything is falling into place for the people in her life and the world of Bon Temps is becoming a happy place. After the next book {hopefully}, it should be easy to say goodbye to Sookie and her friends because everyone seems to be getting their HEA's. The only missing link is Sookie, Eric and one other person. I would tell you who, but it would ruin the ending. With the ending of the book it is easy to see what the next one will be about, and I have my guesses on how it will end....but this installment has renewed some of my faith in this series and I'm actually quite excited to read the final Sookie book. This series is long overdue for it's ending, but it seems to be ending on a high note. If the last book goes the way it seems like it will then I'll have no regrets over this series and will happily leave the world of Sookie Stackhouse with a smile.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deadlocked.

05/10/2012 page 229