Meg's Reviews > Think and Grow Rich

Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill

Feb 03, 12

Read on February 03, 2012

This was the Jolly Girls Book Club latest read! I don't usually read "self help" books and was a bit nervous especially once I realized I had gotten my hands on the unabridged version of this book. But WOW! What a life changing book! I feel like if you read this book with an open mind you can take so many important lessons away from it. The priority in my life right now is not getting rich, I can barely make it through the day with all 4 children in tact. But what I love about this book, is how it instructs you to succeed in all aspects of your life. I love the parts about positive thinking and having a good attitude. Since this book was written in the 1930's some may say parts are dated, and they most likely are. But I found that to be part of the fun of reading it! I think it was so cool how the writer was contemporaries with people like Ford and Edison and Alexander Grahm Bell! He studied these amazing men first hand, and his experiences are invaluable. I have always believed our minds are so powerful and that our true potential is untapped. This book helped me to make a goal to reach that potential and to have the desire to become a success in everything that I decide to do.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Think and Grow Rich.

Quotes Meg Liked

Napoleon Hill
“When defeat comes, accept it as a signal that your plans are not sound, rebuild those plans, and set sail once more toward your coveted goal.”

Napoleon Hill
“Set your mind on a definite goal and observe how quickly the world stands aside to let you pass.”

Napoleon Hill
“Before success comes in any man’s life, he is sure to meet with much temporary defeat, and, perhaps, some failure. When defeat overtakes a man, the easiest and most logical thing to do is to quit. That is exactly what the majority of men do. More than five hundred of the most successful men this country has ever known told the author their greatest success came just one step beyond the point at which defeat had overtaken them.”

Napoleon Hill
“More gold had been mined from the mind of men than the earth it self”