Marie Evans's Reviews > The Sweet By and By

The Sweet By and By by Sara Evans

4820251
Apr 09, 12

Read from February 03 to April 09, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: Once

The main character in this story is Jade Fitzgerald who is about to get married to Max Benson. They made a promise to each other that their pasts were in the past but there are things which Jade hasn't told Max about her past. However Jades secrets from her past come to light and she needs to decide how to handle them. Beryl arrives in Whisper Hollow, Tennessee with her other daughter Willow for Jades wedding. But it turns out that Beryl also has a secret.

I was really looking forward to reading this book and had high hopes that it was going to be a great novel based on the fact I love Sara's music. However I found this book to be rather slow with a lot of characters and I struggled to keep up. There are also sections in the book that are too wordy and don't really add that much to the story. There were times throughout this book that I did feel like giving up on it all together but managed to finish it in the end. I doubt I will be recommending this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sweet By and By.

02/12/2012 "Chapter 5"