Yvonne (The Shadow Realm)'s Reviews > Oh. My. Gods.

Oh. My. Gods. by Tera Lynn Childs

Jul 18, 13

bookshelves: mythology, to-buy, own, own-to-read
Read from July 13 to 17, 2013

I was really looking forward to reading this book. I had heard great things about it and it sounded like a fun read. It was a very quick and light read but it didn't really live up to my expectations.

I love books about Greek mythology. Greek mythology has always fascinated me and so this book immediately appealed to me. It sounded something similar to the Percy Jackson books, even though I haven't read those books. I loved hearing about all the different gods and goddesses, some I hadn't heard of before. I liked all the different characters we are introduced to but never really connected with any of them. Phoebe I kind of liked but she was a bit annoying at times and really naive. And the whole thing with her Mam coming back engaged after a week away is totally ridiculous. I did not get that at all. I thought there was gonna be some big explanation for it but nope. We're meant to believe it was love at first sight.

Not much really happens in the story. It focuses mainly on Phoebe training to win a race and her pining away after Griffin. I was hoping there would be more displays of powers from the descendants or some bit of action but instead it was just an angst ridden book about a girl with a crush on a guy who was a completer jerk to her in the beginning. I don't understand want Phoebe saw in him apart from his good looks. The whole story line was very predictable.

The book was very quick and light and would be a good book to read if you're looking for something that doesn't require much attention and is a break from all the heavy drama-filled books out there. I will probably read the second book just to see what happens with Phoebe but I don't have high expectations that it will be any better than this one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Oh. My. Gods..

07/13/2013 marked as: currently-reading