Beverly's Reviews > Witchful Thinking

Witchful Thinking by H.P. Mallory

Feb 09, 12

Read in February, 2012

FTC Disclosure: I received an advanced readers' copy of this book from the Amazon Vine program in exchange for an honest review.

Witchful Thinking by H. P. Mallory

Synopsis: Jolie thinks she’s seen it all, but life continues to spring surprises. The latest shocker? She’s just been crowned Queen of the Underworld. Jolie may possess a rare gift for reanimating the dead, but she doesn’t know the first thing about governing disparate factions of supernatural creatures. She can barely maintain order in her own chaotic personal life, which is heading into a romantic tailspin.

First there’s sexy warlock Rand, the love of her life, from whom Jolie is hiding a devastating secret. Then there’s Sinjin, a darkly seductive vampire and Jolie’s sworn protector—though others suspect he harbors ulterior motives. As the two polar opposite yet magnetic men vie for Jolie’s affection, she must keep her wits about her to balance affairs of state and affairs of her heart. Overwhelmed, under pressure, and longing for love, Jolie decides it’s time to take charge—and show everyone that this queen won’t take jack.

What I liked about this book: I found this to be a funny, entertaining read. The story tends to be a bit repetitive, but I think the author was trying to make sure newcomers to the series (this is the third book in the series and I believe the first one not self published) had enough back ground information. If you are looking for a light read that isn't intellectually taxing, then this is the book for you. It has high entertainment value and a little bit of intrigue tied up with a twist at the end. Readers who enjoy paranormal romance might also enjoy this book.

What I didn't like about the book: Jolie is a bit of wimp and a little too obsessed with her attractions to Rand and Sanjinn. The series has potential, but I would love to see more development of Jolie - making her a stronger character - less wishy washy.

If you are look for a deep meaningful read, then this isn't the book for you. However, if you just looking for a light romantic comedy, you should consider giving this one a try. I liked the book well enough, that I would like to read the first two stories.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Witchful Thinking.

02/03/2012 page 42