David Caldwell's Reviews > From Hell With Love

From Hell With Love by Simon R. Green

5082045
Feb 05, 12

bookshelves: suspense, paranormal, mystery, series, action
Read from February 03 to 05, 2012

I have found a couple of glitches with this fourth book as I am reading it.In book 3,Eddie tells Walker he plans to restart the bomb to destroy the Independent Agent's lair.In this book,items from the Independent agent's lair are being brought to the Old Library for study.We even see the Independent agent's body.Also Eddie calls the librarian Walker when his name is William.I have also noticed a handful of typos which I don't normally expect to see from a larger publisher.

These should probably go under the glitches but i am getting tired of them myself so instead I will just say this was a question that confused me while reading the book.In the second novel, when an Elflord stabs Eddie with a knife made from starnge matter,his armor absorbs it.Also when he touches the stolen torc in book 3, his armor absorbs that as well.So why aren't the strange matter weapons of the Accelerated Men absorbed? The second question is why would an old style torc still be around and functioning?

I think these glitches and strangeness keep occurring because the Droods are just too powerful in their armor.Therefore challenges towards them have no way to keep up with them if they play by the rules set forth so the rules keep getting bent.

Even with the glitches, I am still liking the series.I just wish they stayed true to their own internal logic.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read From Hell With Love.

02/03/2012 page 285